2015 ppl 2.6 rules

With the new and upcoming 2.5 class if you start taking power away you are going to be at that level. Some of those guys are getting up around 900hp. So do you keep 4 Diesel classes? Locally the 2.5 and 2.6 are very popular and within a lot of budgets. 2.5 is where 2.6 should have stayed to make a factory drive train live.

With the new and upcoming 2.5 class if you start taking power away you are going to be at that level. Some of those guys are getting up around 900hp. So do you keep 4 Diesel classes? Locally the 2.5 and 2.6 are very popular and within a lot of budgets. 2.5 is where 2.6 should have stayed to make a factory drive train live.

2.5 getting up around 900hp? It's already long past that.

But those high hp 2.5 trucks don't run the same turbo rules we run here in missouri. Our rule states that it must be 2.5 before and after the map. That takes all the grey areas of contouring down big wheels when it has to be 2.5 after the map. I ain't saying there isn't any more power gain with the current turbo rule, but the rule we use will keep it from getting out of hand like it is in ky, Indiana, and Ohio.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If teching doesn't step up in 2.5", that class will be as out of hand as the 2.6" turbo wise soon enough.

I really see 2.5 being ruined already. It was intended to be a lower HP Class that helped getting people in the sport. The class needs good and enforced rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, i could see that. There's been talk that their may be a 2.5 class in the PPL west series next year. But who knows what will come about of it or what the rules will be.

I think everything should be smooth bore that away turbo guys cant rape us.

If you run a current competitive ppl turbo you are already running a smoothbore turbo. Imo cost should be cheaper because the wheel isnt getting clipped and adding a floating bore to the cover. But sadly thats not the case these all turbos go up in price every year and there isnt a reason for it. They try and justify the cost by saying it makes more power but they cant pull than bs with a 3x4 smoothbore as they are maxed out powerwise. If 2.6 went 3.0 smoothbore you could just buy last years turbo off a 466 3x4 guy for cheap. The hp hasnt changed on these tractors just guys trying different turbine combos with gear selection. This thread is pointless unless you get shops like haisley and harts on board because the shops decided what goes on in ppl not the pullers.

The rules in 2.5 are perfectly written IMO. The turbo rule could use some work but doesn't hurt my feelings the way it is. At least as far as cotpc goes. It isn't a low hp class by any means but it doesn't take much to build a competitive truck. The days of building a 15k (including truck) truck and competing are long gone so nobody needs to expect that anymore. Same with competing and daily driving, not going to happen. My engine is nothing special but with a top of the line charger and good tuning I do very well for what it is. IMO 2.5 needs to stay right where it is, just needs teched and teched FAIRLY. 2.6 is the class that needs work. If the extra 1k you'll have in a good 2.5 charger breaks you up then truck pullin isn't the sport for you because the rest of the truck will remain the same.

haisley and harts on board because the shops decided what goes on in ppl not the pullers.

biggest problem in all of truck pulling is vendors being involved with the rules meetings of classes they don't compete in. If you build turbos you should have no input on turbo rules period, could care less if your involved in the rest. Its a conflict of interest.

But those high hp 2.5 trucks don't run the same turbo rules we run here in missouri. Our rule states that it must be 2.5 before and after the map. That takes all the grey areas of contouring down big wheels when it has to be 2.5 after the map. I ain't saying there isn't any more power gain with the current turbo rule, but the rule we use will keep it from getting out of hand like it is in ky, Indiana, and Ohio.

2.5 before and after the map would be a great rule for everyone to adopt.

biggest problem in all of truck pulling is vendors being involved with the rules meetings of classes they don't compete in. If you build turbos you should have no input on turbo rules period, could care less if your involved in the rest. Its a conflict of interest.

Are you thinking of the same person I am?

The track is going to change regardless and hook position is still going to come into affect as it always has. My main complaint is the price of the dot tires is going through the roof. For instance out here sts tires work well at the hp we are at. My BFG aren't cutting it so I can spend $2500 on a new set of sts and need a new set every year or spend $2500 on a set of cuts and have them for 5 years. There is no need for 2 sets of them if the first set it done right. And from what I heard about guys paying for the nitto's before Scheid is just completely stupid. It always seems these dot tires that work are always on national back order and cost double what they should.

I wanted sts myself but I paid less for 6 bfg than if I were to buy 4 sts...it seems like its monkey see monkey do with tires

2.5 should be left alone !! The class has been competitive , and breakage is very minimal. Everyone needs to use cotpc rules or like. There just needs to be a few rules for the turbo so it doesn't get out of hand like 2.6. Being able to see the wheel straight on through the map groove is rediculous !!! Might as well remove the cosmetic bushing and make a straight bore

2.6 should drop hitch height and that would cure a lot of breakage

Give 3.0 cut tires and it will make popular dot tires affordable again , we all win

2.5 should be left alone !! The class has been competitive , and breakage is very minimal. Everyone needs to use cotpc rules or like. There just needs to be a few rules for the turbo so it doesn't get out of hand like 2.6. Being able to see the wheel straight on through the map groove is rediculous !!! Might as well remove the cosmetic bushing and make a straight bore

2.6 should drop hitch height and that would cure a lot of breakage

Give 3.0 cut tires and it will make popular dot tires affordable again , we all win

I hope you aren't naive enough to think that that the the small numbers(lets say there are 1000 trucks) of pullers that are buying tires are driving up the prices of the tires. LOL. Those tires would just be ran for say a season and then sold to someone who was going to buy a street tire.

I think the concern with the cut tires in 3.0 is running 15-20 trucks down the track, not sure how well the track would hold up. Understandable for a track to change after 25-30 or more trucks run down it, but it shouldn't be trashed after 10.

Last edited:
I hope you aren't naive enough to think that that the the small numbers(lets say there are 1000 trucks) of pullers that are buying tires are driving up the prices of the tires. LOL. Those tires would just be ran for say a season and then sold to someone who was going to buy a street tire.

I think the concern with the cut tires in 3.0 is running 15-20 trucks down the track, not sure how well the track would hold up. Understandable for a track to change after 25-30 or more trucks run down it, but it shouldn't be trashed after 10.

Our tracks don't get tore up from cut tires. We have a nation class and several tractor classes with cut tires. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

If you guys want to keep pulling 2.5 for years, don't mess with the rules. Protect your future. In my area, they screwed up big time and now we have hx82's in 2.6. You go to local events and you see street trucks pulling against top 2.6 trucks getting 120ft or more put on them. I remember pulling my first sled years ago and they had classes set up so that competition was fair to every puller and rules were followed. I went to a event last week where they had 2.5, 2.6 and hot street diesel. I signed up for 2.6 and then realized that I was pulling against street trucks. Half the guys there had to be switched between classes. Nobody is on the same page anymore.

I wouldn't have any concerns about the track holding up as long as it is built right. I'm on the track crew for bg and the trucks by far are the easiest to maintain the track with.

Back