2015 ppl 2.6 rules

HERES MY 2 CENTS

Leave 2.5 as it is .. address turbo issue and use cotpc style rules

2.6 leave it or make open drive line

3.0 add cut tires and make it 4.1 single class...

I wouldn't have any concerns about the track holding up as long as it is built right. I'm on the track crew for bg and the trucks by far are the easiest to maintain the track with.

I agree. Tractors dig more ruts than any class. Not trying to single them its just what happens. I do love watching light limited PRO classes. That may be my next puller I build.

^^^^ Kinda what I've been thinking of doing too.. The tractors seem to have the rules figured out better than us. The unlimited mods freaking destroy the track,sometime we have to use a grader behind the starting line to put the dirt back between pulls.

HERES MY 2 CENTS

Leave 2.5 as it is .. address turbo issue and use cotpc style rules

2.6 leave it or make open drive line

3.0 add cut tires and make it 4.1 single class...

It seems like NADM style turbo rules for 2.5 seem to have a better control of the class and keeps the hp gap a bit further apart between 2.5 and 2.6.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hope you aren't naive enough to think that that the the small numbers(lets say there are 1000 trucks) of pullers that are buying tires are driving up the prices of the tires. LOL. 10.

that was a joke, sarcasm is hard to imply on the internet

I would like to see and open rear. It's not very often that you see or here of a 2.6 that takes out the trans and transfer case, and if that does happen its more than likely bc you were not smart enough to let out when it was getting rough at the end.

24" would be a cheap alternative, but then you could move your hook point back farther to get almost the same amount of leverage on the back of the truck, unless there is also a rule that states it can not be farther back than X amount of inches from centerline of rear axle. (correct me if I'm not thinking about it correctly)

Drop boxes, reversers, open axles, cut tires, tube chassis......LOL

I think you paw paw Ricky will be the first for that now that his class is outta control....but on second thought....the truck who brought about this crazy power level isn't eatin ring and pinions.......there's something to think about!

I was referring to the above reference about the 2.5 class. I am well aware where the 2.6 has gone. My truck is built for 2.6 PPL.

If your are so aware of 2.6 then why would you complain about 90mm+++ wheels being being in PPL 2.6 ???? Hmmm seems to me your not aware and your just addressing FPP cause there in your area??? Or now are you changing your mind on what your AREA is!???? Just my 2 cents. Smokem well said he isn't aware, or doesnt wanna beleive it yet. Hint hint b.i.g. Never spelled b.a.d. :welcome: I would like to see a rule inforced on leaking excess wAter on the track!

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H1a6F4DChvw"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H1a6F4DChvw[/ame] watch the PPL built truck at the 4:45 mark at end of his run.

The water spilling is a prob at all the pulls around here....multiple trucks per pull usually.

24" would be a cheap alternative, but then you could move your hook point back farther to get almost the same amount of leverage on the back of the truck, unless there is also a rule that states it can not be farther back than X amount of inches from centerline of rear axle.

Only states minimum of 44" from axle center line.

24" would be a cheap alternative, but then you could move your hook point back farther to get almost the same amount of leverage on the back of the truck, unless there is also a rule that states it can not be farther back than X amount of inches from centerline of rear axle. (correct me if I'm not thinking about it correctly)

I think you aren't thinking of the whole setup....

If your are so aware of 2.6 then why would you complain about 90mm+++ wheels being being in PPL 2.6 ???? Hmmm seems to me your not aware and your just addressing FPP cause there in your area??? Or now are you changing your mind on what your AREA is!???? Just my 2 cents. Smokem well said he isn't aware, or doesnt wanna beleive it yet. Hint hint b.i.g. Never spelled b.a.d. :welcome: I would like to see a rule inforced on leaking excess wAter on the track!

Once again, I made that statement toward the 2.5 class. Keep the rules under control and let everyone have fun. I have no interest in pulling only for FPP. I built my truck to have fun. I was not complaining about anything. I was merely saying that It would be nice to keep a class as intended and leaving well enough alone. As far as the water box, it will be fixed as soon as I get a free moment to fix it. Dual pump system and one pump motor must be kicking off and overloading one box (no balancer pipe). It is on my list

Here cheap quick and easy local walmart should have it on the shelf http://ww2.getflexseal.com/phone/?

I'm a strict gamer myself, all here for fun and to stir the pot! Cause it can all be gone tomorrow. Rules are exactly where everyone pushed them to go and bleeding will continue.

Last edited:
The problem with 2.5 is the wide-variety of rules across the land. One turbo is good one place but not the next. Then you have places that think work stock and 2.5 are the same thing. Some places have rules where sheet metal shelfs are okay, others do not. Some speak of true bore while others merely mention a plug-test. Some say no clipped or bushed turbos others do not, it's experiencing growing pains just like every other class has before.

Back