2nd Annual NHRDA World Finals, Topeka Kansas Sept. 10th, 2011

It was nice to see the regulars and meet some new people. I can't believe the track prep was bad again for the second year. I really feel bad for Matt Handwork as he really had to drive that alter every pass. It looked like a lot of people were having traction issues. It was great to see everyone helping everybody keep going to get down the track. Nice job guys!

It was nice to see the regulars and meet some new people. I can't believe the track prep was bad again for the second year. I really feel bad for Matt Handwork as he really had to drive that alter every pass. It looked like a lot of people were having traction issues. It was great to see everyone helping everybody keep going to get down the track. Nice job guys!
Yep he did. But most everyone did. If you want to feel sorry for anyone. Feel sorry for Darren Morrison.... Cause Sam kicked his butt and put a bump on his forehead LOL Bet you thought I was gonna say something about his truck huh!
But if you really wanna feel bad for someone after this weekend. Phil Taylor and gang put in a few extra hours this weekend thats for sure. He was ready to give up. Sat around for an hour or so rebelled. Then at the last minute he fixed it up. Didn't have it in him to sit and watch. But that was just the ending of his problems. They can tell you what they went through Friday at the track if they want.

Enjoyed seeing everyone. Team Green, Phil Taylor (and the pretty lady with him), Darren, Sam, BullyDog crew, Matt Handwork (and the pretty lady with him) its been a great year. AirDog enjoyed being a part of your team and seeing you at all the races. Proud to be a part of the sport, your teams and this industry. Already looking forward to next year. NHRDA you guys are great at what you do and we look forward to next year. Without an organization there is nowhere for the racers. Without racers there are no organizations to race with. Without either of those there are no sponsors. Together we can put on a great show. Awesome work everyone.

I know Phil had a very rough weekend to say the least. I was surprised to see the truck gone from the pits Saturday afternoon. He kept saying he was done and that Darren was going to be pissed. I'm glad to see he got it fixed and was able to keep going.

Last edited:
Was a good vacation, but the track was pretty crappy. Pretty sad when a track that hosts NHRA events can't get their lights to work properly for a bracket class. Kudos to Randy and team for doing what they could to make things right, but the track just didn't have a clue. It was ****ty to drive that far to get knocked out because the lights weren't working correctly, but got to see some great racing in the other classes. I hope we can figure out a different track for next year or I will have to re-think making that trip again. Was good to meet some more of you guys out there.

DieselCharger I see you below reading. I will assume you are Harvey. Good to see you were able to make it and good to meet you. You ride is sweet as well and it looks awesome in pics but tons sweeter in person. Congrats on making the finals in pro street.

I want to say a very special thanks to team green for loaning me a fitting that broke at the line on our water injection and the easy out to remove the broken part. These are the nicest guys you'll ever run across! And congrats on the win!

I also want to thank Harvey (dieselcharger) for a ride to and from the track to our hotel. You guys are awesome and meeting and taking with you was one of the highlights of the event for me and my son! Sorry to hear that the the ramcharger fell off the trailer when you were leaving the track, I hope it was ok.

Well thanks to all you guys to!!!! It was a pleasure meeting everyone this weekend, I personally want to thank NHRDA/Staff for a GREAT weekend in Topeka despite all our hurdles....overall it was great!!!! It really shows when Racers,Vendors,and the FANS make it a point to come support the Events!!! That is what this Sport NEEDS!!!!
Thanks Again!! to All our Sponsors!!!! Philip Palmer/Team Green

DieselCharger I see you below reading. I will assume you are Harvey. Good to see you were able to make it and good to meet you. You ride is sweet as well and it looks awesome in pics but tons sweeter in person. Congrats on making the finals in pro street.

What a weekend , I had a great time meeting people and racing . I can say this was one of the craziest races I have ever done.

Back