2nd Race added at Silver Dollar Raceway

OK guys..... NADM asked me to get this out. There were some mix ups about the time the gates will open and what time the diesels will be running. Sorry for any confusion this my have caused.

It has been straightened out with the track and NADM and the " official " time for the Mayfest diesel race is

Saturday May 23rd

Silver Dollar dragway in Reynolds, GA

Gates open @ 8:00AM with time runs beginning @ 10:00AM

Just got the tracks email flyer:

"This weekend at Silver Dollar Raceway:
Friday: Street Legal Drags. Gates open at 6 PM with runs from 7-11 PM. Spectator admission is $10; car and driver is $20. See exactly what your car will run in the quarter mile. . . .
Saturday: Full day of racing. Gates will open at 8 AM for the NADM Mayfest Diesel Drags. Spectator admission is $10. NADM will sell the tech cards. Runs will begin at 10 AM. For more information, check their website National Association of Diesel Motorsports.
At noon, gates will be open for Test and Tune, Super Street series, and DNI Shootout. Runs will begin at 2 PM. Spectator admission is $10; $25 for car and driver to run your car. Entry fee into the Super Street series race is $50. For more information on the DNI Shootout, check their website The Datsun Nissan Infiniti Shootout.
Sunday: Southeast Drag Day. Gates open at 10 AM with runs beginning at 11 AM. The club invites everyone to come Test & Tune and match race with their group. Everyone will be charged admission fee of $10 at the gate. Tech cards are being sold by the club for an additional $30. For more information, check their website South East Drag Day 2009.
Three big days of racing for this Memorial Day weekend! Don't miss it. See you at The Dollar where you will always find EXCITEMENT. . . . a quarter mile at a time! www.silverdollarraceway.com"

So the diesel guys need to be there early? Is that correct? I just got back from Jeff's and he still thinks it opens at 12noon.

he must not have talked to Dave yet. He'll be there in the morning so, they'll know then.

Yes, we need to be there early.

Yea rick pulled it this afternoon and was about to start puttin it back in when i left ...that man is very fast when it comes to pullin a tranny out and puttin it back in..Yea i saw you when you come in but i was busy pullin a motor out...i'll be a silver dollar this weekend if you come holla at me..I'll be around jeff somewhere

Hey SuperDave,

I'm sorry I missed ya today man!! I had to wait on my GF this morning and do a few errands as well...I wasn't able to get there until 12:30.....

Hope to catch up with ya at the Race Sat......

:Cheer:

Hey SuperDave,

I'm sorry I missed ya today man!! I had to wait on my GF this morning and do a few errands as well...I wasn't able to get there until 12:30.....

Hope to catch up with ya at the Race Sat......

:Cheer:

We just missed each other then! I got there at 12:00 on the dot and stayed for about 10-15 minutes. I'll be there saturday for sure. Just look for a short guy with a beard.:hehe:

Well they've already cancelled the Test and Tune for tonight and the weather for tomorrow is looking kinda wet.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/boatandbeach/wxdetail/31076?dayNum=1&from=weekend

:bang:bang:bang

After driving All the way to Rockingham NC and not getting to race due to my Turbo issue.......Then TS getting Cancelled......And now THIS.!!

If I don't get to make a Pass soon!! I'm gonna be ready to shoot someone!!!!

:bang

j/k.......But it does SUCK!!!! Ugh!!!!!!!!!!

I think the rain will hold out in the morning, but after lunch is when we might get wet. Well that's what it did today anyways.

The chance of rain is 40% from 6am to 12am, then 12-1 is 50%, 1-4 is 60%.

The Race Is Cancelled due to weather!!!!

Dunbar just called me, the race has been called due to a high % chance of rain and rain on the track now!!!!

If you were coming, save yourself a trip!!!

Sorry everyone!!!!!

Iphone

Back