2nd Race added at Silver Dollar Raceway

Dunbar just called me, the race has been called due to a high % chance of rain and rain on the track now!!!!

If you were coming, save yourself a trip!!!

Sorry everyone!!!!!

Iphone

BTW,

The track owner cancelled it....Not Dunbar!!! David wasn't even at the track yet......Doesn't matter anyway...End result is the same!!!

Well that sucks. Durned rain..... This rain is supposed to be in the forecast till next weekend on the southeast.

Well did I have a Sucky weekend!!!!! I it took 7 +Hrs to make a 5 hour drive we get in untll 11 pm. got the call from Dave (thanks for the call Dave!) So on our way home we find out that there are dirt drags in Mt Dora FL. So we make it in time for that. Then we sign in and it says rain or shine so it gets to about 15 min to start. And it starts to rain!!!! Well i Still wan't to race I don't care if it takes me a week to wash out the dirt. and after waiting 2 hours they cancelled!!!!

Damn !!!! I Blame Wrongway for Ginxing me!:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Well did I have a Sucky weekend!!!!! I it took 7 +Hrs to make a 5 hour drive we get in untll 11 pm. got the call from Dave (thanks for the call Dave!) So on our way home we find out that there are dirt drags in Mt Dora FL. So we make it in time for that. Then we sign in and it says rain or shine so it gets to about 15 min to start. And it starts to rain!!!! Well i Still wan't to race I don't care if it takes me a week to wash out the dirt. and after waiting 2 hours they cancelled!!!!

Damn !!!! I Blame Wrongway for Ginxing me!:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

That sux!!

I'll tell ya...between haven't turbo issues, TS getting cancelled and now this!! I'm about to Pop!!!! I need to make some passes to see if I got this thing straighten out!!!:bang

Silver Dollar race

I had a 11.5 hr. each way! This is getting old. I think i'm going to stay up north even we don't get this much rain. Jeff

it's unfortunate but, the name of the game. All we can do is make the effort and hope mother nature cooperates. The south has desperately needed the rain about as much as we've needed to race.

Just the fact you guys drove the distances you did shows the organizers and sponsors their efforts weren't completely in vain. After spending some time with both on Friday night, that's all they ask for is effort on the racers part to make the race. If no one made an effort..... the sponsors wouldn't want to spend the money and there would be no race to get rained out!

Like you guys, I drove 8hrs round trip and was jonesing for something. I remembered there was a sled pull closer to home and was able to some what get my fix. It rained during my pull and down poured after. I was happy to get one pass in as it will hold me over till the next show !

in case anyone is interested..... video of my one pull

it's unfortunate but, the name of the game. All we can do is make the effort and hope mother nature cooperates. The south has desperately needed the rain about as much as we've needed to race.

Just the fact you guys drove the distances you did shows the organizers and sponsors their efforts weren't completely in vain. After spending some time with both on Friday night, that's all they ask for is effort on the racers part to make the race. If no one made an effort..... the sponsors wouldn't want to spend the money and there would be no race to get rained out!

Like you guys, I drove 8hrs round trip and was jonesing for something. I remembered there was a sled pull closer to home and was able to some what get my fix. It rained during my pull and down poured after. I was happy to get one pass in as it will hold me over till the next show !

in case anyone is interested..... video of my one pull

Dude!!! You have WAY too many teeth in your head for that Chit!!!! LOL

j/k:Cheer:

I want to thank everyone that braved the weather forcast to make the trip to Silver Dollar. Ed called me as I was getting ready to leave the hotel to give me the wonderful news.

I guess I should be thankful that the dry south is getting needed rain this year, but couldn't it just give us a Saturday off. :bang

But, you guys taking the chance is important because had it not rained out, we might have not had any trucks if everyone stayed home.

The track was as disappointed as we were, and has asked if we want to reschedule. I will look at the calendar and see what I can come up with because I have a truck full of trophies that need a home. :hehe:

Back