2wd Super Mod build

About the same. Trying to get my 93 ready for DD and the Duramax sold. Just got one out of the shop so may be able to get the puller in soon to start working on it.

We finnally got a good picture of Tyson with his Mac tool out fit on Ineed to down load tomorrow.

Dale

I just got the word that the new clutch will be ready by the begenning of next week for the Gambler.before I can start working on the puller I have to get my old ford running 1st.Pulled all the pistons out of the Perkins and found the top 2ring broke on #5 now I know were all the blow by was comming from.binging the pistons to a michene shop to get the top ring grove remichened for standard ring not keystone style.going to running 2rings in the top grove.After I get the motor back together I have to start putting the allison in wiring is going to be the hardest part.

Dale

Good deal Dale. Merry Christmas to you and all your family... Have a safe one.

I just got the word that the new clutch will be ready by the begenning of next week for the Gambler.before I can start working on the puller I have to get my old ford running 1st.Pulled all the pistons out of the Perkins and found the top 2ring broke on #5 now I know were all the blow by was comming from.binging the pistons to a michene shop to get the top ring grove remichened for standard ring not keystone style.going to running 2rings in the top grove.After I get the motor back together I have to start putting the allison in wiring is going to be the hardest part.

Dale

Dale, have you heard of others getting rid of the keystone ring with success?

I've wanted to do the same but was afraid of ring sticking problems...

When I talked to the tec person at hastings she said that others had michined the Keystone to a straight grove like the others in the piston.The ring with shipping and the extra top ring was only 214.00 with shipping.For a woman she deffinetly know he stuff.i gave her all my ring dimentions.because they don't have a perkins in their books.
from all of the BlackCloud pulling Team we wish everyone a MerryChristmas and a happy and safe NewYears.
Dale

A couple of pictures of port work.
093.jpg

094.jpg

Dale

Our new clutch from Missouri Mule Superglide pulling clutch
newclutch.jpg

And my 2 security gaurds.
147-1.jpg

Dale

I don't know the cost.I will let evryone know soon.has soon as Keith MCS.tells me to release it.Shure is to nice looking to cover up in a bel housing.

Dale

Last edited:
I don't think we will either have eny trouble.
Welcome to the board.BadDieselMan
Dale

TS this year??

I would like to depends if I get back to work very soon.Our contract is up and they are trying to work out some problems.:stab:I have been out of work since dec,1st We would like to meet alot of CompD members and put a good show.
hope things work out so we can make it.
Dale

We pulled the clutch out last night.It still has alot of facing left from Owensville,Mo supriseing.It had eny left.not a good feeling about the motor though it is very hard to tun over with a smaller prybar the paint was burned on the head and blisterd on the turbo piping.meyby in a couple of weeks might have the motor tore down.

Dale

Back