3.42s for pulling

schnutsy

I've done some searching on this but haven't found what im looking for, basicly opinions. My mega I have is setup for 2.6 currently and over the winter I plan on having head work done (sidedraft & porting), nozzles, charger, a/w and shoot for 1000+hp on fuel depending on which charger I go with. I still want to keep the truck streetable and drive it but be able to have a descent setup for pulling. Wheel speed calculator shows 45mph @4000rpm in 3rd with 35's or 33's @4200 is the same depending on which tire I go with. From what i've researched this seems to be good wheel speed (if achievable). Whats your guys opinion on this? Or if anyone has had experience with this please chime in, looking to know if this is something that will work well. Thanks

45 mph wheel speed isnt going to happen. You will be lucky to get 35 mph with a 2.6 which i would guess is around 3000 rpm

He also claims ur a fuktard!

Hey, atleast I know how you feel about me. :lolly:

The source I heard it from thought it was a joke that you made up, that's how I took it. If you say its so then its so.

Hey, atleast I know how you feel about me. :lolly:

The source I heard it from thought it was a joke that you made up, that's how I took it. If you say its so then its so.
You post all over the web snide ass comment geard towards me, what did you think we were gonna be buds? True or not you brought me into it with a smart ass comment here.....correct way to answer to avoid this would have been

I heard some guys are doing it with success, i cant say for sure as i have not tried it. I however do not beleive it works!

You post all over the web snide ass comment geard towards me, what did you think we were gonna be buds? True or not you brought me into it with a smart ass comment here.....correct way to answer to avoid this would have been

I heard some guys are doing it with success, i cant say for sure as i have not tried it. I however do not beleive it works!

I never said we were buds and the only place I posted anything about your gearing was here in another thread where you made it quite clear that those were indeed the gears you ran. My first post in this thread was simply made to add to discussion. There is more than one 2.6 class and you ain't the only class champion. Thanks for throwing shlt in the fan.

you will need gears... esp cause your auto. id say 4.56 or 4.88's is needed... or if you can get away with it 33's and 4.10s you go to a 35 i dont think you would have rpm's to keep up...be under the charger prob.

I've done some searching on this but haven't found what im looking for, basicly opinions. My mega I have is setup for 2.6 currently and over the winter I plan on having head work done (sidedraft & porting), nozzles, charger, a/w and shoot for 1000+hp on fuel depending on which charger I go with. I still want to keep the truck streetable and drive it but be able to have a descent setup for pulling. Wheel speed calculator shows 45mph @4000rpm in 3rd with 35's or 33's @4200 is the same depending on which tire I go with. From what i've researched this seems to be good wheel speed (if achievable). Whats your guys opinion on this? Or if anyone has had experience with this please chime in, looking to know if this is something that will work well. Thanks

Im gonna say its probably not going to do what you want, even at 1000 horse. Every time ive seen your truck run, it has run well and by the sounds of things its going to be hard to beat around these parts come spring.

Im not sure where in CNY you are from, but if you want to try it anyhow or go a different route with gears and need a fair price on gears and installation in the general CNY area, drop me a line.

Where did you find a wheel speed calculater? I wonder if I should regear for 33s or 35s in 2.5 class.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I never said we were buds and the only place I posted anything about your gearing was here in another thread where you made it quite clear that those were indeed the gears you ran. My first post in this thread was simply made to add to discussion. There is more than one 2.6 class and you ain't the only class champion. Thanks for throwing shlt in the fan.

So what other 2.6 class champion were you referring to? I'm confused now. You were obviously referring to Caleb, and by using the phrase "claims" would seem to indicate you don't believe it. But then when he calls you out on it and assures you that is in fact what he's running, you vaugely seem to indicate you were referring to another 2.6 class champion? And then point out that he's not the champion of other 2.6 pulling classes? You slung shlt first, as often you do, and then when someone throws it back at you, you blame them. Interesting.

So what other 2.6 class champion were you referring to? I'm confused now. You were obviously referring to Caleb, and by using the phrase "claims" would seem to indicate you don't believe it. But then when he calls you out on it and assures you that is in fact what he's running, you vaugely seem to indicate you were referring to another 2.6 class champion? And then point out that he's not the champion of other 2.6 pulling classes? You slung shlt first, as often you do, and then when someone throws it back at you, you blame them. Interesting.

I wouldn't expect any less from you.

If Corey ran stock allison gearing 3.42s would never work. If you're not creative you don't win.

Last edited:
Oh boy is this another 1000 hp street trucks that hooks on the weekends and still drives?*bdh*:nail:

Last edited:
Back