3 speed nv4500 pulling trans

SmokeShow

I keep hearing bout these. Who can tell me more about them. Apparently they're 2 fwd gears & reverse. Custom cut gears for whatever gear ratio you want.

Who knows something & willing to chat about it?

Well i wanted to have someone make gears and they were crazy high to get cut so.. Im all ears.

I know a guy that will cut gears for it. He can do one or three. First gear is 800 and I forget what it is to have two or all three done. He can make them any ratio you want. He has been doing this for years and they are very strong. He is located in IN close to KY line. His name is Byron he also make axles and about anything else you can think of for pulling. his number is 812-358-5266

interesting. i have also heard that there are billit parts for these as well.anyone know about this?

im really suprised Pro Fab hasnt made one like the SM 465 3 speed they have. and they are in the $3500 range last it heard.

does any one think a pro fab 3 speed would hold up behind a cummins?

im really suprised Pro Fab hasnt made one like the SM 465 3 speed they have. and they are in the $3500 range last it heard.

does any one think a pro fab 3 speed would hold up behind a cummins?

It would hold up if you could get the force off of the tranny, i.e. really low axle gears. Something in the 6.20 range or lower would probably work. Don't take my word however, have not seen it done yet.

theres a possibility that the gears might take it but the rest of the tranny doubtfully will. They won't hold up to 1200hp lower torque gas trucks in our pro street class for a whole season. im guesing the torque would just destroy a sm465 case

theres a possibility that the gears might take it but the rest of the tranny doubtfully will. They won't hold up to 1200hp lower torque gas trucks in our pro street class for a whole season. im guesing the torque would just destroy a sm465 case

But how are these trucks setup? Do they have 6.xx something gears in them? Just wondering, not doubting. I really think that with the stress further down the line they may hold up. I would have to look again to see if you can get the final ratio where you would need it for a diesel motor.

i think the one that comes to mind is 5.13 and one is 3.73 i know the 3.73 would be terrible on the tranny pro street gas around here is still 1 ton drive line so dana 80's and 60's is what you find in 99% of the trucks

Bad thing is you can go open drive line as cheap as you can upgrade stock stuff and be way ahead after you break a few times.

Bad thing is you can go open drive line as cheap as you can upgrade stock stuff and be way ahead after you break a few times.

I don't know been pricing some open driveline stuff, and the prices they want, I can throw a lot of ring and pinions at a D80 and still have money in my pocket...

R&P's are cheap bust a tranny and transfer case there is the money. Depends on how crazy you want to get on a rear. If you have talent and can weld you can take a sqhd narrow it take f106 spindles weld to it have the sqhd axles resplined and cut down. Just depends on if you want to work a little or just buy and bolt like most want to do anymore.

Back