3rd gen bumper on 2nd gen

CREED1

Throwed Off
Well guys since nobody ever reads the accessories section I thought I would post here. I recently purchased a 2nd gen sport bumper for my latest project from another member and he apparently ripped me off. I remembered seeing a 2nd gen a few years back in diesel power that had a 3rd gen bumper on it. I have access to one local so if anybody has any input on doing this I would appreciate it.

I prefer the 2nd gen bumper on them. The 3rd gen bumper creates huge gaps...

The only gap I noticed was the one between the grille and top of the bumper the headlight lines matched perfectly best I could tell from the picture. If I could find another sport bumper for a 2nd gen I might be down for taking it off of somebodies hands just kind of sour on the last deal.

I understand, the gap I am talking about is the one with the grille. With how much work you have in it, I'm sure extending a grille wouldn't be too bad to fix the gap..

if you used a sport grille the gap is lessened...

06+ only tho as 03-05 has the headlight cutouts.

I noticed that the truck this was on had fender flares just wondering if were the bumper wraps around to the front uper corner of the fender near the headlighs would match up or if there would be somewhat of a gap there as well?

02-08 1/2 ton, 03-08 3/4 and 1 ton are all the same upper valane is the only diff. 06-08 is what u want the valance from and the valance will fit on all 02/03 ups if that helps.

Someone else asked about this a couple months ago.. I think that truck has been brought up at least 4 times on here with people starting threads about it.. I really need to find a picture of it (The guy is/was a member on here) and keep it saved. Maybe someone with better searching skills then myself can find it again.

Creed...What was the problem with the 2nd gen sport bumper you purchased??I just installed a complete converstion on my 95 this summer.

I believe the problem is that he was scammed and did not receive the bumper

WINNER WINNER, that is exactly right I was scammed and didnt recieve any of the stuff I purchased to convert my truck to sport.

The truck I was refering to is a 96 single cab orange truck with lots of motor work the guy is from out towards california and I know he is a member just cant remember his screen name. His truck was featured in diesel power July 07 is were I saw the pics.

I did a little playing on the internet and found some sweet front bumpers that I have never seen before and they are priced unbelievable. I'll post up some pics here in a bit but I really still interested in the 3rd gen on a 2nd gen if anybody has any pics they can dig up I tried searching and came up with nothing on here the other day.
thanks guys

He's a member on here "DalenW" he's from the Vegas area I actually bought my 99 Dodge from him. Great guy I'm sure if ya shot a PM with questions he'd be happy to help out.

Thanks I sent him a pm.

I also came across this bumper last night what do you guys think I have never seen one of these before and I really think its sweet kinda follows what I am trying to do with the truck.

srt-10fb3.jpg

hmmm, the only wait i'd run that chin spoiler is if the truck were about 2" off the ground.. I like the rest of it though. Who makes it? my eyes apparently can't read that.

Looks like it says vautodesignbodykits

It wouldn't be hard to get rid of the gap between the upper cover and the grill. Just hack off about 2"s off the top under the head lights and glass in the lips that goes under the headlights to clean it up. Use a sport grill so that you still have alittle bit of a dip under the grill in the upper cover. Either that or try to get the 2nd gen sport cover and cut the upper part off and mate it to the 3rd gen bumper and lower cover. I'm sure you will have to make some custom bumper brackets any how, so then either way that you did it all you would have to do is raise the bumper up. It will take some Fiberglass skills to do it, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too big of a job.

I found that picture from this site dinosbodykits.com but it was actually ebay that I found them and then went to that site. I called them and nobody there speaks english I couldnt make out half of what they were saying so I did some searching for a 3rd gen 06-0 nightrunner srt bumpers and found a few sites and called them and after talking with a few of them turns out they just recently got access to the 2nd gen srt conversion bumpers. Now after doing lots of back and forth these can either go over your factory SPORT bumper or what they do is just screw in beneath the headlights and fenders and then a few bottom support brackets to stabilize the bottom which I'm not a huge fan of but it looks killer.
Keep in mind this is going on my 95 dually that I just turned into a swb and lowered.

The bumper on caged fury is a good bit different IMO but still looks good.

I had this pic saved in my album should be the same bumper cover that you posted-

Attachments

• sema_09.jpg
    sema_09.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 49
  • sema_08.jpg
    sema_08.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 37
Back