3rd gen bumper on 2nd gen

I had this pic saved in my album should be the same bumper cover that you posted-

The cover I posted is actually a direct mount for a 2nd gen the one you posted is the same version just has a dip for the 3rd gen around the grille whereas the one i posted is straight to fit a 2nd gen. But is this your truck that you posted the pic on if so does anybody know if the srts are just in fact a fiberglass screw on like the ones posted or if they are a solid piece that bolts up like a factory would do etc.

Ebay the guy has them listed as buy it now $180 and will ship to lower 48 for $150 i think he has them on his website dinosbodykits.com for $499 so ebay is definately a better deal although I could not understand a thing the dude said over the phone not sure I was completely comfortable buying it from him just in case any future problems with install etc arose and I needed help. I found a few other places that said they have them now available for $275 and will ship to my adress for $170 and they sounded very helpfull.
Does anybody see any issues with completely removing the factory bumper and just installing the skin/cover by itself with mounting screws and a few lower support braces. I know it wont be solid etc but anybody think this will even work?

Someone else asked about this a couple months ago.. I think that truck has been brought up at least 4 times on here with people starting threads about it.. I really need to find a picture of it (The guy is/was a member on here) and keep it saved. Maybe someone with better searching skills then myself can find it again.

i think this is one of the threads you are talking about.
06 sports bumper on 2nd gen? - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

keep us updated on what ya do. been lookin around a little about puttin a new bumper on the front of mine but the 2nd gen sport bumpers are a little hard to find.

Will do guys I will do my best to keep yall updated on here and will be slowly updating my swb conversion thread as well.

I picked up a 3rd gen 06 bumper bumper with an extra top cover today on my way into work I went with the intentions of just looking at there inventory but it was a deal I couldn't pass up. I plan on taking the extra top piece and doing some fiberglas work to level it out from headlight to headlight and get rid of the dip they have to accomodate for the grille. Hopefully be playing with that the next few nights at work.

I got to looking at some bumpers off a chevy while I was there and just from the looks of them they might match the facia line on these second gens. Anybody ever looked into any of them.

Back