41' Willys Pro Stock

Is that a regulator for the nitrous system i see? Or twin bottle twin pressure gauge?

Is that a regulator for the nitrous system i see? Or twin bottle twin pressure gauge?

So... the trans brake as well as the shifting on this car is handled by the nitrous system as opposed to the dirtymax that had a separate CO2 system on board to handle that. There was already a complete nitrous system on the car so we're tying into what's already there and trying to make it work for us.. I had to move the solenoids inside of the cab instead of on the front of the firewall because the real estate where they used to live is now taken up by charge air piping heading up to the intake.

We just fabbed up all of the exhaust/gate plumbing, JUST mounted the radiator (literally the welds are cooling still), I need to make one more parts run tomorrow to the race car shop down the street and I should have all of the cooling system plumbed. I started on the wiring today, that's going to be a majority of tomorrow's job... the idea is to have this car out to test & tune Sunday afternoon... we'll see...

:charger:

Thats pretty clever actually. saves on a bit of weight with plumbing and bottles, and you will never forget about changing the bottle. until that one day you have a slight leak and you wonder why everything is so funny just before you launch.

So... the trans brake as well as the shifting on this car is handled by the nitrous system as opposed to the dirtymax that had a separate CO2 system on board to handle that. There was already a complete nitrous system on the car so we're tying into what's already there and trying to make it work for us.. I had to move the solenoids inside of the cab instead of on the front of the firewall because the real estate where they used to live is now taken up by charge air piping heading up to the intake.

We just fabbed up all of the exhaust/gate plumbing, JUST mounted the radiator (literally the welds are cooling still), I need to make one more parts run tomorrow to the race car shop down the street and I should have all of the cooling system plumbed. I started on the wiring today, that's going to be a majority of tomorrow's job... the idea is to have this car out to test & tune Sunday afternoon... we'll see...

:charger:

Love the nitrous idea! Curious as to how the shifter and trans brake works with it.

Love the nitrous idea! Curious as to how the shifter and trans brake works with it.

Co2 gets pretty cold as well so I dont think that will have as much affect as say maybe the moisture will nitrous is wetter than c02 I believe?

Great work guys car looks great keep the updates coming!

We've used it in my buddies top sportsman and pro mod car for years without issue. just get the small CO2 Bottle filled everytime we get the Nitrous bottles filled. :nos:

So here we are, Sunday morning, didn't make T&T this weekend and still have to;

Wire the rest of the ECU, NX Controller & shift box as well as plumb the W/A cooler.

I think we're at the part where the 90/10 rule takes over... 90% of the work takes 10% of the time, 10% of the work takes the other 90% of time...

Alright... I'm off to plug stuff in and see what melts, wish me luck!

Those brain boxes never seem to work that great after you let the smoke out. Fantastic build!

Looks great guys, wish I were going to be there this weekend to watch it go down the track.

Just filled the dry sump system up and cooling system up so.. that's progress right?

Brad's still wiring up the engine harness, I'm picking away at the NX controller and other junk in the cab.

Brad, you and your team are doing some awesome work. Cannot wait to see that thing fly.

96f7b30414af67eb312c3ea2cac8e931.jpg

It runs!!! Now we turn off anti theft so it'll run longer than 5 seconds at a time... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there's a video floating around Facebook of it running and a few blips of the throttle... If you're on the book face get on there and check it out!

Back