47RH manual VB to standard VB????

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
Thought about havering both and seeing what it all takes to make the swap from a manual valve body to a standard valve body on a RH. Truck was a 6sp, so no auto computers. With the RH is it just a valve body swap or do I still need a PCS?

A 47rh will shift automatically from 1st thru 3rd gears up and downshift according to speed and throttle input. It needs electronics to command overdrive and torque converter lock-up. A simple toggle switch(es) can be added to command lock-up and overdrive when the switches are flipped.

A full manual valvebody 47rh will not upshift or downshift until the shifter is moved to a different gear. Lock-up and overdrive will also require electronic input or toggle switches.

You can also use pressure transducers tapped into the Gov pressure to shift O/D and LU automatically as well. (Could wire those into toggles to for manual override too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 47rh will shift automatically from 1st thru 3rd gears up and downshift according to speed and throttle input. It needs electronics to command overdrive and torque converter lock-up. A simple toggle switch(es) can be added to command lock-up and overdrive when the switches are flipped.

A full manual valvebody 47rh will not upshift or downshift until the shifter is moved to a different gear. Lock-up and overdrive will also require electronic input or toggle switches.

Is there any down fall to using a cheata shifter and a standard valve body? Basically put the truck in drive when cruising and bang gears when racing. Seems like it would be ok. Any down fall

Is there any down fall to using a cheata shifter and a standard valve body? Basically put the truck in drive when cruising and bang gears when racing. Seems like it would be ok. Any down fall

shouldn't be as long as the shifter is adjusted correctly.

You can also use pressure transducers tapped into the Gov pressure to shift O/D and LU automatically as well. (Could wire those into toggles to for manual override too)

Id love to see the wiring for that... Be a lot easier than buying an expensive computer to just control OD and LU......

I already have LU and OD on toggles an the Manual set up going and running just fine.... I just want to try out the standard VB to see if it helps out my track times with such a big truck and not so skilled driving!!!!

That's what I did until I got the manual vb. Downside was, the vb isn't going to upshift until it's damn good and ready, doesn't matter if you tell it to or not. I don't race it anymore, and I still prefer the manual vb for everyday towing and DD use.

That's what I did until I got the manual vb. Downside was, the vb isn't going to upshift until it's damn good and ready, doesn't matter if you tell it to or not. I don't race it anymore, and I still prefer the manual vb for everyday towing and DD use.

The way I was explained was that it will
Do what it's told with a shifter. It ignores everything else

Id love to see the wiring for that... Be a lot easier than buying an expensive computer to just control OD and LU......

I already have LU and OD on toggles an the Manual set up going and running just fine.... I just want to try out the standard VB to see if it helps out my track times with such a big truck and not so skilled driving!!!!

You would run a 12v to the transmission to power the O/D and LU solenoids and run the two grounds through the transducers to the case. At a certain governor pressure the transducer would close and complete the ground circuit and activate the solenoid

I wouldn't use a pressure transducer, however a pressure switch would do exactly what you are describing.

I wouldn't use a pressure transducer, however a pressure switch would do exactly what you are describing.

Correct. That's what I meant. I got confused because I was looking at them on tranducersdirect.com

So if you hold it in 1st it will still shift?

With a standard and a floor shifter is no different then if from the factory they put the shifter on the floor instead of the column. So it would be just like a factory floor/console shift vehicle. So manual first would stay there just like on the column, and putting it in drive would shift just like having the column in drive and it shifting when it decides to.

Then ya it would work just like it does with the column. Instead shifter would be on the floor. So I dont see why it wouldnt.

Back