4bt big power?

a rotary pump cant refill 6 ports as well as 4 ports in the pump, and with a 14mm head/rotor assembly can make 450+ cc's of fuel from right off idle
by other calcs for hp vs cc's that would equate to about 700hp give or take

a rotary pump excells at off idle power, so rockcrawlin should be a breeze

The only advantage a VE-pump has over a P-pump is variable timing. This is why they make more torque off idle, they do not make more hp off idle.

The only advantage a VE-pump has over a P-pump is variable timing. This is why they make more torque off idle, they do not make more hp off idle.

Well if "idle" means some rpm value, and you increase torque at some rpm value you just increased power. So if they make more torque "off idle" then rest assured they make more power too.

Course you could just set the P-pump timing accordingly and make the same power there and give up the top end and be in the same boat if you wished.

What I don't understand is how a 4 cylinder is going to make more power than a 6 all else constant when each hole is getting more fuel but there are two less of them.

It should cancel right out.

Well if "idle" means some rpm value, and you increase torque at some rpm value you just increased power. So if they make more torque "off idle" then rest assured they make more power too.

Course you could just set the P-pump timing accordingly and make the same power there and give up the top end and be in the same boat if you wished.

What I don't understand is how a 4 cylinder is going to make more power than a 6 all else constant when each hole is getting more fuel but there are two less of them.

It should cancel right out.

You are right about torque and power...I didn't word that properly. A 4 cylinder engine has less rotating mass so it revs faster creating more power and less torque...atleast that's the only logic I can come up with. By saying all else is constant, what are you referring to?

With a ve pump... static timing is the bottom value.... as rpm increases (due to internal fuel pressure coming from the internal vane pump within the injection pump itself) the actual internal fuel pressure acts on the the timing piston moving it to act on the roller ring.

Lance

Back