4bt big power?

HX35/GT4202R twins, P7100 & 5x.013 injectors will make 496hp...at the rear wheels...

Most of those guys seem to think anything more than the stock 105 is overkill Charles! LOL

Looks like a fun project:evil

Most of those guys seem to think anything more than the stock 105 is overkill Charles! LOL

Looks like a fun project:evil

It's true. Anything over 200hp is a "fighter jet" over there...

And I see the above recipe for ~500 wheel, but that's with a P model, inline pump.

What kind of combinations make good crisp power with the little VE on these things?

Hell, I think there was a "marine" offering of this engine rated right at 200hp or so? If so, does anyone know the nozzles used there? Charger?

I believe stock sticks are 4 x .012 and they pop a 5th hole in them to make 5 x .012

i put one in my brothers 69 chevy sb 4x.. its an intercooled 120hp version with a ve.. did the fuel pin, turned the screw and its making 30psi with the stock waistgate wired.. figure about 200hp. I put some pods in and it made 3 more psi boost and a ton more heat and not much power. also went from usual 21mpg to about 10.. we took a 427 out of this truck to do it.. I want a p pump for it.. someone pm me with one please

i put one in my brothers 69 chevy sb 4x.. its an intercooled 120hp version with a ve.. did the fuel pin, turned the screw and its making 30psi with the stock waistgate wired.. figure about 200hp. I put some pods in and it made 3 more psi boost and a ton more heat and not much power. also went from usual 21mpg to about 10.. we took a 427 out of this truck to do it.. I want a p pump for it.. someone pm me with one please

Well that doesn't make me want to run those nozzles then...

Anybody know what nozzles the marine version runs? I believe the power output for the marine 4B is over 200 right out of the box.

800 lbs?? That is about what a 12v weighs.. Have you weighed a 4bt? Cant you run a HX-35, I am not familiar with the HE341?

Nope just going off of what a few hundred other people have said, also it seems believeable since my isuzu 4bd (extremely similar to the cummins 4bt) weighs 785 complete and yes I weighed it myself.

I always thought a 12V weighed over 1000#

Pods?

Prince of Darkness? Anyone happen to know the size/hole count?

Yes the prince of darkness injectors. I would stay away from them personally. If your going for big power definately toss the VE pump it works great for mostly stock apps and gets good mpg's but for the bigger power toss on a p7100 with a few mods, an S360 & S472, a good cam, a little porting on the head some studs and you should be off to a good start and making roughly 500rwhp or so.:Cheer:

I would pm Snedge for a set of injectors and run from the pods

Suscribed... how many miles have you guys heard a modded 4bt will go? Hopefully in the next year or so we're gonna get started building the 4bt that's been in my cousins 79 chevy since about 1990 and has alot of miles.

Anybody know what nozzles the marine version runs? I believe the power output for the marine 4B is over 200 right out of the box.

Same as the 5.9 marine...junk...junk...junk. You're better off building your engine with parts that are matched for the power you want.

What pistons are in the engine you have?

Whatever comes in the water:air intercooled version. Been so long now I can't remember the power rating. Does 130 sound right?

If so, then those pistons, lol.

It's a VE out of a Frito Lay truck.

Yes the prince of darkness injectors. I would stay away from them personally. If your going for big power definately toss the VE pump it works great for mostly stock apps and gets good mpg's but for the bigger power toss on a p7100 with a few mods, an S360 & S472, a good cam, a little porting on the head some studs and you should be off to a good start and making roughly 500rwhp or so.:Cheer:

I would pm Snedge for a set of injectors and run from the pods

I don't really want "big" power as the chassis is the size of a JD gator, I figure 200hp would be a rocket for an ATV. I would just start cranking on the pump but I have this idea in my head that trying to displace more and more fuel/time through a stock nozzle is going to increase the injection pressure, and if the desired fuel quantity exceeds what the nozzle can get rid of at the bursting pressure of the pump/lines or whatever..... will it not pop the pump, or a line, or something?

Maybe that sounds crazy. Don't know. Just seems like power per power a larger (quicker) nozzle would get the fuel in the cylinder within a nice, tight window and make more power with less heat than stretching out the same fuel over a longer window by shoving it across a stock nozzle.

Crazy talk? I don't know, this will be the first mech engine I dick around with.

Pull an injector and give me the numbers on the nozzle itself, there are a few good options from Bosch.

Back