5.9 or 6.7?

Suncoast says their's is good to 1k. Revmax says their's is good to 850. But that comes at a very high price. 8k-10k.

I'm at 775hp and I've had to rebuild my suncoast every year. That's why I suggested an Allison. Last year I only hauled a 10k trailer and daily drove and I still had to rebuild it.

Not many people have had experience with 4r's. I wouldn't consider one until I rode in one of our conversion trucks... Now I am hooked. Pcs in them is also super easy to tune.

Call Mike Ring, with Legendary. My trans has held at 700+/- for a few years now, and every year it comes out for inspection without so much as a discolored steel. And mine isn't even super built, and gets beat on if its being driven, along with towing fairly heavy when it does tow.

I'm at 775hp and I've had to rebuild my suncoast every year. That's why I suggested an Allison. Last year I only hauled a 10k trailer and daily drove and I still had to rebuild it.

Those kind of stories are the reason I'm not wanting to use the 68. A dbl OD trans would be the best bet.

Can a PCS controller control the Allison? Or what kind of tuning would it take to make the Allison work.

Last edited:
Not many people have had experience with 4r's. I wouldn't consider one until I rode in one of our conversion trucks... Now I am hooked. Pcs in them is also super easy to tune.

Is that the trans in your race truck?

Do they make a billet output for a 2wd 4r?

If you can get a price on everything for the swap that may sway me towards one or the other.

I run a 47rh with a manual vb...one day hope to get to the 4r side :rockwoot:

I will PM you...

Ron Pene is 850+ on a Suncoast 68rfe and from what I can tell he is NOT easy on it. He refreshes his every 15k miles roughly.

Those kind of stories are the reason I'm not wanting to use the 68. A dbl OD trans would be the best bet.

Can a PCS controller control the Allison? Or what kind of tuning would it take to make the Allison work.

I wish I knew. That's why I suggested you do it so you can tell me how it's done. haha

I have a full Allison conversion I'd be willing to part with, it a 5 speed. Well actually a 6 speed trans with 5 speed valve body and stand alone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I love my 68 for daily driving application! But 47/48 is my vote for something that is more performance oriented and for the easier swap.

been doing some checking a round. I was told that if I wasn't going to run big slicks I wouldn't need to run a 4x4 (suncoast 2wd conversion kit) with billet output. That a stock 47/48re output would hold just fine. Anyone have anything to say about that? For this alone that would save a little more than $1k.

I dont have any plans of caging this truck. So it's going to run anything faster than a 11.49.

been doing some checking a round. I was told that if I wasn't going to run big slicks I wouldn't need to run a 4x4 (suncoast 2wd conversion kit) with billet output. That a stock 47/48re output would hold just fine. Anyone have anything to say about that? For this alone that would save a little more than $1k.

I dont have any plans of caging this truck. So it's going to run anything faster than a 11.49.

What does the truck weigh?

What does the truck weigh?

Quick Google search says less than 5000lbs, (4971). Even at around 5800 after the motor and trans swap, 850-900rwhp is going to be way faster than 11.49.....if you can get it to hook.
I vote for a narrowed rear and some street slicks! :rockwoot:

861hp here = mid 10's = time to build a cage! :Cheer:

IMAG1180_zps51234c83.jpg

Back