5.9 to a 6.7?

probably to help combat heat due to regens. idk. wouldnt hurt if they were plugged off by installing that head on a 5.9 block i wouldnt think.

I suspect the steam holes are for just like they say. The cylinders are siamesed so the water that is right up against the cylinder can come somewhat trapped. This allows to set up a water flow right near the cylinder.

They were expecting some extreme temps out of the 6.7, that is why the water completely surrounds the bore.

yes you can run the programming from a 04-07 5.9 with the 6.7 block the rotation of the engine is the same the speed of the 5.9 piston is faster than that of the 6.7. due to the way a crank is set up the acceleration of the piston is almost exactly the same at a few degrees before and below top dead center and bottom dead center.

If the 6.7 crank has a longer stroke than a 5.9, then the piston speed with the 6.7 crank will be faster.

hmmm - to put the 6.7 rods n crank into a 5.9 with a stock bore would require a different custom piston for the pin height difference of the 6.7 stroke, unless the 6.7 rods are shorter which has been stated here as being not.
If one is to use the 6.7 piston the block will need a substantial overbore for which I dont think there is enough material in the 12v block
Sleeves???
Would be easier and CHEAPER to use the 6.7 shortblock and change out the cover n such for the P-pump
Yes one can drill out the steam holes into a 12v head - this is no different than we used to do with the 400 Chevie gassers or the 302 Ford when putting a decent head on them,

Any more on this? Who's running a 12v 6.7 out there... Ive heard of others running 12v 145* injectors in CR bowls; not idea imo but allows for lots of timing

Back