5 spd. and big single. Fastest?

pullNpray

breakNnecksNcashNchecks
What single charger would you guys go with in an 01 with a 5 spd and single disc clutch? How should things be setup to get it down the 1/8th the fastest as in injectors, turbo, box? Dont want to have to spray a big single either.

my advise would be don't run a big single... you're not going to make a ton of heat in 1/8 mile, and you need all the spool/acceleration you can get. you realize no matter what you do, there will be guys with 200hp less than you running just as quick as you, right? :eek:

kinda sounds like my set up. SUCKS from a dig. but thats not really what i use my truck for.

my advise would be don't run a big single... you're not going to make a ton of heat in 1/8 mile, and you need all the spool/acceleration you can get. you realize no matter what you do, there will be guys with 200hp less than you running just as quick as you, right? :eek:

yep I understand this. Damn autos are hell to beat. But here's the deal, I like my payed-off clunker alright and I dont want to swap to an auto or have to be makin payments on a new truck. Let me rephrase and maybe you have an idea of what Im looking for: dont want to have to spend 2k+ on twins for the time being, want to go fast in the 1/8th without spray and on a single disc. I realize this is unreasonable. Any other ideas? The stocker lights early/spools nicely but makes dumb amounts of drive pressure on the top end.

Also, how many times is this cummins gonna take a fat shot of spray? :nos:

kinda sounds like my set up. SUCKS from a dig. but thats not really what i use my truck for.

Yep, got a 13.25 Southbend FE, its spin or bog on takeoff. It really helpful to run from a roll. Otherwise, I try to get off the clutch quick as I can....

just put a 364 on it and run it.

i bairly make 30-40psi of boost in 2nd and 3rd. 4th and 5th... well.... thats another story

just put a 364 on it and run it.

i bairly make 30-40psi of boost in 2nd and 3rd. 4th and 5th... well.... thats another story

S364? Try to be a little more vague. lol Srsly tho, what compressor size and exhaust housing u speak of?

S364? Try to be a little more vague. lol Srsly tho, what compressor size and exhaust housing u speak of?

you can run it with what ever exhaust housing you want. the most common would be a 64/71/14.

i run an s400 on my truck

you can run it with what ever exhaust housing you want. the most common would be a 64/71/14.

i run an s400 on my truck

Have dealt with a Super B Special and its weaker than kitten piss on the bottom end. It makes me want to hit the spray just to go to the store.
Would a different size wheel make low end spool any better? Not being a smarta** just needing something that lights much faster than the Special.

Have dealt with a Super B Special and its weaker than kitten piss on the bottom end. It makes me want to hit the spray just to go to the store.
Would a different size wheel make low end spool any better? Not being a smarta** just needing something that lights much faster than the Special.

good luck breaking 600 horse then. s364 is a small turbo in my book.

he doesnt want to do twins i doubt he wants to pull the head

Correct. May have to bite the bullet and buy TURBOLVR's 35/S400 setup but that leaves me short on change for some good sticks. Im not far from Hamilton Diesel, I thought bout havin them put me a cam in and slap a Special on and see if that helps.

i got a set of 250's up for sale right now.

run mint, be great for the twins or a bigger single. Im just going larger.

last thing i posted was $400 + shipping + paypal fees, but i really need them gone so i guess im open to offers.

i got a set of 250's up for sale right now.

run mint, be great for the twins or a bigger single. Im just going larger.

last thing i posted was $400 + shipping + paypal fees, but i really need them gone so i guess im open to offers.

What brand? My interest is sparked.

Plan on saving for a new trans.

Been there done that. After 3 quality rebuilds and tearing 3rd gear out of everyone, I now have a full billet 47rh I swapped in the truck.

BTW, I was running a Silver64 (64/74/14), spooled like crap, smoked like a freight train until boost built and was a lazy PIG on the street, BUT it pulled like a SOB on the highway.

yep I understand this. Damn autos are hell to beat. But here's the deal, I like my payed-off clunker alright and I dont want to swap to an auto or have to be makin payments on a new truck. Let me rephrase and maybe you have an idea of what Im looking for: dont want to have to spend 2k+ on twins for the time being, want to go fast in the 1/8th without spray and on a single disc. I realize this is unreasonable. Any other ideas? The stocker lights early/spools nicely but makes dumb amounts of drive pressure on the top end.

Also, how many times is this cummins gonna take a fat shot of spray? :nos:

It's not just because of the automatics, but that certainly helps.

I don't see spray as being much different than having a big turbo that puts that much air into your motor. You just have to be smart about how you use it.

you definately don't want twins for trying to drag race a 5sp... you're going to tear the clutch up pretty quick... I'd do a 62/68 or a 64/71 and try not to get too frisky on the shifts

Back