5-speed to 47rh swap

Everything, steering collum, foot peddles, insterment panel, transmission, and drive shafts. That should just about do it.

only 3 wires go in to a 47rh for OD and lock-up. you can put both on switches to control them yourself. you would also need a tv cable.

I ran two switches when i did mine conversion. power the center wire ground the other two with a switch

Last edited:
an rh has a detent cable so no tps is used. the pcm controls 4th and LU but a suncoast box can do that which taps in on the VSS wires. PM me what you want for the NV and t-case.

i have a tps on my 95 with a rh and before i put the switches in, it went out once or twice and od wouldnt work

where can you find a hobbs switch? i would like to use that for my od, right now unless i get on the freeway i dont use od, im thinkin what would work out best would be to use a hobbs switch and then have another switch to turn it over to manual control for racing

You can go off of the gov port with a hobbs setup and control o/d and lock up. You just have to see what mph to pressure value you will set them at. The front wire is o/d the center is 12v and the rear is converter lockup. The o/d and the lockup wires are grounding only. You can also control the signal to the hobbs setup to allow higher than daily driver settings or the other side of the hobbs to have a earlier shifts. The switch numbers that we use are a nason #CJ-2A3-85G/WL. The onset to drop off signal is very crisp and clean. Its very adjustable and its a all billet alum switch. Its a special order and build only. Takes approx 2-4 weeks to have the order delivered. Hope this helps in your conversion.

Last edited:
Do you already have a auto trany an everything else you need???I have everything an I am looking to swap out for a 5spd

i got a 84 chevy with a 2wd 47rh, it has no tps od and lu controled by switches, dont have anything else hooked up to it, no vss

What you don't measure, you can't control.

What you can't control-you can't improve.

shes 5' 2" long. weighs 110# (after the bolt ons). IQ has been measured twice and although it has never been over 120 its been very close both times. very close...

her idea of foreplay is my unit in her mouth

i really dont want to 'improve' her (dont even know how that would be possible) but the control part would be cool...how does it work?

i just want to get rid of 'the crazy' - familiar with that part by chance?

if that part left and never came back at all it would be best

thank you very much

the hippi

we yanked the getrag and put a RH behind our '89 in 1990 (20 yrs ago)

guess that doesnt count ?

ever heard the term - 'the universal mind' ?

google it

its real

i have a tps on my 95 with a rh and before i put the switches in, it went out once or twice and od wouldnt work

where can you find a hobbs switch? i would like to use that for my od, right now unless i get on the freeway i dont use od, im thinkin what would work out best would be to use a hobbs switch and then have another switch to turn it over to manual control for racing

Yeah you are right, I just dont use them on any of my conversions.. I believe this signal is used to pull out of OD or LU when the throttle is WO during slower speeds like 45. That is the only thing I do not like abou the VSS setup its all off speed not throttle input.

Back