5K GSK question?

Signature600 said:
How sneaky can you be when you truck hasn't run in 3 weeks??

Chris
Right back 'atcha Mr. 2 weeks and 6 days...

Honestly I was seriously impressed with Mr. Garmon's springs. I actually think they rev quicker than the tach can pickup.

9 LIVES said:
I was thinking of getting from EEP that system that helps keep the coolant pressure down? Im afraid of blowing freeze plugs (from what I heard they blow above 4K?)

why don't you just buy the bolt on electric water pump from EEP. thats the right way to fix it.

joefarmer said:
Right back 'atcha Mr. 2 weeks and 6 days...

Honestly I was seriously impressed with Mr. Garmon's springs. I actually think they rev quicker than the tach can pickup.

I never said I was sneaky;)

Oh well...at least I'm waiting on a lot of parts...not just one:D
Chris

Springs

How do these garmon springs do with an uncallibrated pump. Although i should go ahead and get it callibrated and flowed while its off but im on to tight of a budget.

joeservo said:
why don't you just buy the bolt on electric water pump from EEP. thats the right way to fix it.
I'll bite,link for EEP pumps?

Chris, I'm waiting on a turbo and the A1000 to come back from Aeromotive...

Luke, mine's not balanced/calibrated/flowed and the Garmon springs are fine. I did have an expert help setting the 'clicks'.

I put the springs in Josh's truck(TeddyBear) for him, and they were no problem. I got them perfect the first time following the instructions. It does lope a little. More so when it is cold, and you first start it, but it isnt too bad. Truck has never died from blipping the throttle that i can think of, and it seems to run good with them. id almost put a set in mine for the little bit of lope from a daily driver:evil

Eric

I more than likely will go with EEP's electric water pump.

i have 2 sets of the 5k springs from haisleys that i am putting in this weekend. i have to admit for the money i paid, to look at them they are not impressive. but i do understand about how much research time they have in them. i will post back when we get them running.

anyone that had problems with the 5k springs, did your idle increase when the truck was warm?

i can only get 4300 out of mine and the idle climbs when its warm. i have not looked at the springs yet.

I bought my 4k Springs from Piers in the spring of 06 when Piers him self was still there. He also did some work to my cam and actual govenor and it will spin close to 5800 rpm if I let it and like mentioned above that was with 4K springs...pretty crazy. My idle is just like it was stock and there is no lope or or anything but does now with my .120 lines.

RyanB

well my 913 pump was set factory at 3 clicks on one side and 2 clicks on the other side, i removed all the shims, even under the idle spring. i installed the 5k springs back the same way. it has a little bit of a lope to it with the air on. i can't really rev it, i have not installed the valve springs. i will give a update when i get some valve springs in it.

what additional springs will a 5k kit reqire as to the 4k, or do i have to buy a complete kit?

inline6359 said:
what additional springs will a 5k kit reqire as to the 4k, or do i have to buy a complete kit?

You have to buy the complete kit.

thanks. I have talked to Weston and from what he tells me it dosent seem beneficial to the 913, but i have that itch for rpm.:bang

Daily driven truck to attend some dyno events, races and still haul 35k of hay in the summer.

EDIT:wrong thread

Last edited:
Sorry i retract my statement, what i was think was from the 883 vs the 913 pump thread.:bang

Back