5K GSK question?

I have mine set on 2 clicks right now and I can't seem to get to idle above 600 without it ramping on up to 1000. I tried 3 clicks and no change. Any suggestions?

does one need to have main studs, rod bolt, and such to be able to run this 5k???
Or will good head work, and a fluidampr be enough.

Lance

For years people have said the harmonic destructive resonant frequency was 4200RPM. For years stock bottom ends have made it past that point. Your engine, your call. Also, the 5GSK may not provide a full power curve to 5000rpm like the name may insinuate.

Bobcat698 said:
I run Haisley 5k springs in two of my trucks, very happy with them, idle is great, doesn't die when you put the truck in gear etc.

We have the springs here.

Be SURE that if you run 3800+ RPM on a regular basis, get the billet retainers & keepers here $319 is minimal compared to parts and labor if you drop a valve.. I ran my truck hard all year last year at 3700-4100RPM sled pulling & when we pulled the motor 3 valves had almost pulled through and one of them was WAY to close for comfort..

Garret I see myself spending some money with you either through winter or the first part of next year!!LOL :Cheer:

I have mine set on 2 clicks right now and I can't seem to get to idle above 600 without it ramping on up to 1000. I tried 3 clicks and no change. Any suggestions?
Mine is doing the same exact thing. Mine will rev to 1300 if I set my idle over 650. They are Sheid springs.

Back