6.0 turbos upgrade!!!!

That was one of the questions I had. (Looking at the last picture)

How is surge controlled?
Must have been a little excessive, if you ported the shroud...

Looking good!! Waiting to hear more feedback:Cheer:

I don't know about the surge since I haven't installed it, but the stock shroud isn't large enough for a 71mm wheel so we slug it and then remachine the MWE into it. I think it will help for sure.

Brayden

Bryan will have it shortly and we'll see. He'll be more than fit to test it.

I've seen some of the tuning software, and you have most all of the parameters that we have, keeping the vane position low at high rpm and flow is imperative. We only ran about 30% vane position @ 50psi on that drag run.

We'll see how things go.

Brayden

This should be interesting. I explained how the system works now lets see what it does with the larger opening. Duramax is told what to do and it does it. Ford is asked to get there and then checks to see if it got close enough and tries and tries again until its within its "close enough" range.

Should be interesting to see, but stock 6.0 turbos are junk. In stock form at WOT with the truck here there is 26psi boost and 42 psi drive pressure. There just isnt a going to be good drive pressure numbers on that turbo I dont care what you do. And a WOT those vanes better be all the way open.

I see over 50 psi drive pressure at 35 psi boost pressure with a stock '03 turbo and 190cc injectors.
It don't take long, and the heat is up and over 1600*F too.

Gonna play with the 66mm again....

I see over 50 psi drive pressure at 35 psi boost pressure with a stock '03 turbo and 190cc injectors.
It don't take long, and the heat is up and over 1600*F too.

Gonna play with the 66mm again....

Thats good to hear (read) lol what size of injectors you going to run 190?

im glad to see this happening, its been an idea of mine, just dont have the resources or money to make it happen.

Should be interesting to see, but stock 6.0 turbos are junk. In stock form at WOT with the truck here there is 26psi boost and 42 psi drive pressure. There just isnt a going to be good drive pressure numbers on that turbo I dont care what you do. And a WOT those vanes better be all the way open.

I remember Brayden mentioning a narrower unison ring in the dmax version. So there would be a little more room through the vanes.

hopefully the new dyno sheet on that certain truck that has this new charger,doesnt look like a heart rate monitor like it did last time!! LOL

We had a small glitch in the new turbo and Brayden is working on it:charger:. I hope to have some feedback soon. I will keep everyone posted.

Back