6.7 do's and DONT'S

I have to stay with a single and tow heavy! With that said what turbo would you recommend? I have a T4 foot. A S400 which one? Or stay with a S300 for better spool up? I have the fuel and tuning just don't want to smoke when towing.

My set-up is S366 over S475, Hammilton 188/210, DDP 90, EFI tuning by Dan's Diesel Performance (tuning for my 5.9 that works great in my 6.7). The tune I run is Dan's tow tune custom modified for my truck when it was a 5.9. Differences in the 5.9 to 6.7, cam (stock to 188/210), top charger (stock to S366), and naturally the cubes. I also have a 30% over CP3, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

From a thread of mine that you actually quoted and commented on

Towing a gross of 37k at 70 MPH I was at a max of 32# boost, 28# drive pressure and 1150* EGT.

The thread

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2481194&highlight=towing#post2481194

If you could only run just one turbo which one would you choose? for 7 to 900hp
What's the difference between the 366 and the 369 is it even noticeable?

Interested to hear that answer.

What are girdle options? I'm a the point I need to decide. I'd like to use something that uses the stock girdle bolts on the pan rail and connects to the maincaps without spacer washers or machine work. Rock fox had one for sale a while back that I should have snagged. I believe it was a piece that is now discontinued.

Last edited:
I have to stay with a single and tow heavy! With that said what turbo would you recommend? I have a T4 foot. A S400 which one? Or stay with a S300 for better spool up? I have the fuel and tuning just don't want to smoke when towing.

The 83/74 should be ran with minimum a 1.0 on a 6.7. With that said the guy that bought my old 6 blade 466/83/1.0 ran a 12.5 in a megacab with just tuning and I think 50's....

On the other hand I wouldn't think twice to run the 369sxe 1.0 as a single on my truck.

I've been thinking about a BB version from Godspeed cause I want the 1.0 but want it real quick still.

Knowing how the 1.0 flows on the big end. I'd stick to the .90 T4 with anything less than 100% over.

how about using a gtx4508r or gtx4708r?

Sent via my bongo drums...

Can you end a sentence without an exclamation point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

??? what did i do wrong by asking a question?

Newbie you got CompD'd!!! Don't sweat it got to have thick skin here!:kick: Besides that was for me!

GTX4508R is not ideal for heavy towing. Its an 80mm comp wheel with 87 turbine.

I dont tow... Its used for a "fun truck", a light SCLB 2WD ;)

I actually get about 800 rwhp out if it on diesel, but reading compd, that seems to be a quite low number. so I thought its "caused by" either the turbo (therefore my question) or the tuning or maybe even fuel.

Last edited:
I dont tow... Its used for a "fun truck", a light SCLB 2WD ;)

I actually get about 800 rwhp out if it on diesel, but reading compd, that seems to be a quite low number. so I thought its "caused by" either the turbo (therefore my question) or the tuning or maybe even fuel.

Thought OP wanted a turbo for fun and work. I ran a GTX4508R on my truck in the past as a single. It was a fun single on a 6.7(especially with a built 47re) but with my fuel on tap it wasnt suitable for heavy towing. That is all

Last edited:
Back