6.7 Particle Filter Removal....

xtrm-acc

Just removed the cat and the dpf tonight.....no cel so far after driving around the block a few times. Going to go pull something tomorrow to see how the power is and if it is going to throw a cel....will keep you posted to how it turns out and if it works right will tell how to do it.

posted this on another thread
I would bet that the first code you have thrown would be dpf low differential pressure. That code will not do anything after you get more miles on the truck you will throw 2 more codes, and keep throwing that code. The next 2 codes are dpf soot accumalation and dpf system performance which these will put the cat 100% full message in your overhead which will detune your motor so you will not hurt the aftertreatment system on the exhaust which there is nothing there so it sucks. I have been trying to fool it but it is not as easy as you would think. That is the main reason no one has figured it out yet. Dont know what the 6.7 had on the you-tube but mine puts out more smoke. I got the edge hot juice stacked with ts mp-8, they work really good together I have snow performance stage 3, and shimmed my fuel release valve .60 took off the silincer ring which is a project on the 6.7 If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask

You were right, after more driving last night, cel came on. I will check which code it is when I get to the shop today. I'm going to do a little research today then I will get with you and pick your brain. Im betting we cant come up with a solution....fingers crossed

kmk-

I sent you an email to see what you have tried/eliminated as far as tricking sensors. Let me know if you didnt get it. I am going to take some readings later from a stock truck to see if we can copy the signal the pressure sensors are sending back to ECM. Anyone else feel free to throw your two cents into the ring if you have any input.

I emailed you back I gave up trying. On a dyno it showed a stock 6.7 that was detuned because of codes it lost over 80 horse power so it makes a huge difference. There is only one guy that I know that has strait piped his with no problems reason he has not had any of the three flash updates. They were for the emissions because they were not working. I gave up and am waiting for quad or smarty they are getting close to having a programmer ready.

I got your email. So no matter what you do those codes wont go away? If I go back to stock, am I going to be able to clear my codes? I know the tech at our dealership, and I'm sure he would clear them or re-flash, but are they going to come right back? My truck shows 80% full catalyst, but I dont think it has detuned yet, power still feels ok. Have you measured voltage on the return side of the pressure switch to see what it is reading? I still think I am going to get a stock truck and see what voltage the ecm sees as normal and try to emulate that. I am guessing between 3-3.5 volts but I wont be sure until I try. Monday I will have a stock one to play with. What are your thoughts on the o2 sensor? Can it be simulated like on a gasser? Possibly even spaced? Just a thought.

I am starting to think we are 2 of about only 5 people that have tried to eliminate dpf and cat. I can't find anyone else who is crazy enough to try it. Also starting to think Im not so smart anymore...LOL. What the hell though, anything for the sake of progress right?

my code was p1451. my overhead varies from ok, 80% full, 90% full and 100% full. Right now its showing system ok.

Glad to see there are guys out there trying to figure this out. I've heard Quad has been able to get around it but it is still in testing.

The derated truck in Diesel Power Mag was mine. That was 2 weeks after I bought the truck. Took it down to TS outlaw race and Dynoed 200 hp with dpf full.

I cleared all my codes and I downloaded a power pup yesterday morning. After driving it aprox 50 miles, some highway, some in town, my dpf monitor on the overhead is showing system ok. Not sure why putting more power to it helped, but before the power pup it was constantly going from 80-90-100% full back and forth. And up till this point truck has not derated, it RIPS. Not to mention puffs like a chimney. Still haven't had time to fix pressure sensor, but tomorrow should be promising.

Thats good its working so far. Mine still tried to kick into regen after I strait piped since it derated the truck no it hasnt tried. How do you like the bully dog I Might get that and stack on top of my other two chips. How many miles you have with it strait piped

I have about 350 miles since i removed filter and cat. This morning it threw some more codes and is now reading catalyst full, service required. Feels like it derated it. Any fix for getting it back to full power yet?

Talked to tech at dealer, said to put back to stock and do regen. That should clear codes and put back to full power, then I should be able to try again. Then I will straight pipe again, I think I may have a better way of tricking sensors. Keep you posted

Got it back to full power, straight piped again, been driving today with my new approach at fooling sensors. So far no codes, will update on here tomorrow. Crossing my fingers.....Again.

So far so good. One last code I am dealing with, but having no issues with emissions at all. overhead console reading ok, and not derating at all. I am going to try to dyno tomorrow. I have also heard of somewhere that is only DAYS away from having bolt in delete pipes and sensor fixes. Anyone interested, PM me and I will message you back when I get the info. Won't be long though. Its about time!!!

Back