6.7 Particle Filter Removal....

xtrm-acc said:
Talked to tech at dealer, said to put back to stock and do regen. That should clear codes and put back to full power, then I should be able to try again. Then I will straight pipe again, I think I may have a better way of tricking sensors. Keep you posted
I put my DPF and CAT back on and tried to clear codes. Clears all but the P2463 and the P1451. Still won't go into regen as far as I can tell and still tells me the DPF is full. Can you tell me how to clear the codes without going to the dealer to do it. I would like to get my power back untill the dpf delete kit is available. Have a Juice with Att on the way and should be here tomorrow but I would like to start over from stock and make sure I don't mess it up some how. I have a small scanner that usually does a good job of reading and clearing codes but I can't get rid of these two. Any ideas???? I assume when I get them cleared I will get my power back. Thanks

I'm curious as well. The fuel mileage on our 6.7 sucks balls. It makes my PSD look as efficient as a 12V in comparison.

Marco promises a lot of good stuff soon. dont screw the pooch yet. We plan do deliver a sound product the right way.

The EPA fines are to hugh to do any short cuts.

Time is on our side :Cheer:

Marco also developed this product to meet Euro 4 standard which will lead to....... you know

http://www.madselectronics.com/Euro4Modul.html

Last edited:
So for you guys that have str8 piped your 6.7s what do they sound like? Just curious if the larger displacment changed much in sound as compared to the CR 5.9s.

Mine was the quietest strait piped truck I have ever heard. Lower rpms had a deep tone to it and about 3000 rpms it had a raspy rap out sound only with the chip though.

Does anyone know anything about HS Performance?
I have tried to talk with someone from there for a while now about ordering the dpf delete kit. The reply to the few emails I have sent has been sorry we dont have time to talk on the phone if you want the kit the only way it will work without throwing codes is if you have a edge juice on the truck otherwise you will get a code here and there. send payment and shipping info to their email.
I need a few of these but it is really hard to send money to someone that I dont know and that will not give you a phone # to discuss your order.

If anyone has any info please share it.
Thanks
Shane

BAP said:
Does anyone know anything about HS Performance?
I have tried to talk with someone from there for a while now about ordering the dpf delete kit. The reply to the few emails I have sent has been sorry we dont have time to talk on the phone if you want the kit the only way it will work without throwing codes is if you have a edge juice on the truck otherwise you will get a code here and there. send payment and shipping info to their email.
I need a few of these but it is really hard to send money to someone that I dont know and that will not give you a phone # to discuss your order.

If anyone has any info please share it.
Thanks
Shane
I have one on order. They have been exceptionally good at responding to my many e mails. Mine is supposed to ship on Wed and I will be happy to let you know how it goes when it gets here. They use Pay Pal for payment so you should be okay. I was a bit leary too but decided to go for it. Will let you know.

Thanks for the info
It makes feel alot better about the situation I am going to send another email to them with my info.
Shane

DieselLady said:
I have one on order. They have been exceptionally good at responding to my many e mails. Mine is supposed to ship on Wed and I will be happy to let you know how it goes when it gets here. They use Pay Pal for payment so you should be okay. I was a bit leary too but decided to go for it. Will let you know.

Update time? From what I hear not everyone is happy.
Anything new to report?

Snedge said:
Update time? From what I hear not everyone is happy.
Anything new to report?
Well, I like it. Ya.... the jury was out for a while, but after driving it around a bit, I finally got a good two days behind the wheel and noticed a big difference. Part of my problem was that I have been comparing it to my 99 that has over 450 rear wheel hp and that spools RIGHT NOW. Having a different tranny and more HP from the start I guess I expected the dramatic change that I had when I did my mods on my 99. So I went and drove another stock 6.7 and then got back in mine and Oh Ya. It is lots better. I also pulled my head out and realized the Juice is only a 20 to 70 HP increase, DAH!!! So I cranked it up to 4 and that helped a bunch. Edge does a lot more than throw fuel at the truck to make power. They start by advancing timing and then they add duration. They don't add rail pressure from what they tell me which I like because it is very easy on the motor. And timing just gives you better economy and more power without dumping tons of fuel at it. This way, I can turn it up to the highest settings and not worry about melting down the motor.
It looks like the fuel economy for 1/2 highway 1/2 Los Angeles rush hour traffic is going to be about 15.5-16 mpg. Thats at least 2 solid mpg's more than before. this is with the Juice w/att. H&S 5" tbe and delete kit, and No more EGR. I think the EGR and delete kit are about 50/50 for contributing to that, with a bit of help from the Juice by advancing the timing.
I usually don't go all out so quickly when I do my mods. I tend to add one thing at a time and test, add another and test again and so forth. I am a little embarrassed because I can't give you an absolute in this case. BUT that being said. I have seen an increase in fuel economy. I like the sound of the exhaust, have some soot on the fender,(just not enough for my testosterone poisoned ego) and the peace of mind that comes from not filling my new cummins engine with soot any more. It is on the outside of the truck where it belongs instead of on the inside. Plus I have gauges, much lower egts(by about 200 * average) and some added power too.
All around, quite happy.

Edge Juice w/Att. $900
H$S Delete kit & 5' TB Exhaust. $700 (still in beta mode)
EGR blocked $0
Having more HP, Smoke:cheer: and the throaty sound of the Cummins again.
Priceless!!!

Last edited:
Shane at BAP on here I think might be the same guy that just developed his own kit which is nothing like the h&s kit. It is way better, he took the time and built it right not just throwing a bunch of wires and crap in a box. Over on cummins forum is the pics diff between the 2 and hands down go to shane and bay area. Check out there website www.deletedpf.com and you can actually talk to them on the phone and they reply with in hours

Hey bud,
Are you running this new dpfdelete set up? I'm down at Suncoast right now and was thinking of calling them over in the bay.
Curt

curtrwall said:
Hey bud,
Are you running this new dpfdelete set up? I'm down at Suncoast right now and was thinking of calling them over in the bay.
Curt

Make sure you mention that you are a COMPD member when you call and we will hook you up with the COMPD price.
Shane

KMKDIESEL thanks for the support

I just ordered there kit from there website the other day and I am going to build my own exhaust kit with 5" black powder coated stacks. Even has the option to buy with new guages so you dont have to do anything but plug them in, and they have the option to buy just the fooler box. I will be putting on a 4" 5.9 down pipe with a section of 4" pipe running back where the dpf was with bay areas kit, and then put a mbrp 6.7 stack kit on with my stacks, and I am doing a step by step picture article on it for mbrp. It will save me lot of money this way but I still will be about $900 into. You figure in everything at customer cost and having a shop do it your looking pretty high like $1500 easy with all the stuff.

pdi in st george is selling a dpf delete kit that actually works. Pick up huge mileage and you might get one code every once in a while. 900$ fully turbo back 5inch kit includes new sensors and electronic module. give them a call 435-673-5858

kmkdiesel said:
I just ordered there kit from there website the other day and I am going to build my own exhaust kit with 5" black powder coated stacks. Even has the option to buy with new guages so you dont have to do anything but plug them in, and they have the option to buy just the fooler box. I will be putting on a 4" 5.9 down pipe with a section of 4" pipe running back where the dpf was with bay areas kit, and then put a mbrp 6.7 stack kit on with my stacks, and I am doing a step by step picture article on it for mbrp. It will save me lot of money this way but I still will be about $900 into. You figure in everything at customer cost and having a shop do it your looking pretty high like $1500 easy with all the stuff.

Just curious if you have any pics of your project.

kilr24valve said:
pdi in st george is selling a dpf delete kit that actually works. Pick up huge mileage and you might get one code every once in a while. 900$ fully turbo back 5inch kit includes new sensors and electronic module. give them a call 435-673-5858

PDI sells the H&S kit.

Back