6.7L Boost Controllers

6.7 Boost Controllers

Looking forward to the controller dyno event.
But very interested in the Suncoast trip.

WAYNES WORLD

Received my Fleece BC today from Brayden. Very nice piece, the control knob is billet and all of the harnesses and hardware look well made.

Can't wait to clean up the extra smoke of the H&S 120 tune by closing the vanes and boosting faster.

Also can't wait for some gasser trash that wants to zip around me @ a light with their windows down, turn the knob down, open the vanes and smoke that jive turkey out. :drive::st::evil

"Jive turkey"?

... the 1970's called - they want their lingo back. :hehe:

Seriously though, the VGT spools pretty fast - I think the Fleece controller would be better for keeping the effective turbine housing tight to continue building boost.

I ran a TIP kit on the BlueTec truck, and saw how quickly the drive pressure maxed out, then dropped way down as boost came up.

The max boost/TIP/EGT data* we logged was:

OEM fueling - 28/40/800**
PMT Xtreme - 30-60/1250***

* in PSI & Fahrenheit, of course
** boost & TIP were momentary spikes (due to the turbo's rapid variable geometry); continous numbers were ~ 22/20
*** EGT was still creeping at 105mph, but it was a customer's truck - so I didn't wring it out all the way.

Also where im from we have this thing called moisture in the air that gets in the inside of trucks..... so yes if i spent $400 on ur product i would want it sealed due to corrosion.....

LOL!! I'll bet they go through cell phones like candy in LA then, at least all the cell phones I've ever had or seen weren't sealed.

Whoever drops their boost foolers in a lake may experience some issues though.

Classic stuff!!! In fact, I'm putting kcpanages quote in my sig.

"Jive turkey"?

... the 1970's called - they want their lingo back. :hehe:

Instead of taking it back I'm bringing it back! :hehe:

Randalporchmonkey4life.jpg

LOL

"
The max boost/TIP/EGT data* we logged was:

OEM fueling - 28/40/800**
PMT Xtreme - 30-60/1250***

* in PSI & Fahrenheit, of course
** boost & TIP were momentary spikes (due to the turbo's rapid variable geometry); continous numbers were ~ 22/20
*** EGT was still creeping at 105mph, but it was a customer's truck - so I didn't wring it out all the way.

Very interesting that the drive pressure doubled to gain 2 psi. WOW

power/heat/energy increases drive pressure

I am aware of this Forrest, Me and friend of mine were just talking about monitoring drive pressure on his tuned p7100 5.9 to see where the turbo stalls in relation to boost vs. DP.

For the 6.7 I didn't think that a dp doubled with the VGT Holset until much higher boost pressure though. Makes me wonder about getting a monitor for mine now.

Thanks.:Cheer:

A little ditty on the subject. From what I have heard, the 6.7 has so much EGR that they add lots of fuel to the 5 & 6 Cyl when egr is added to keep the turbo spooled. this would also contribute to the poor fuel economy of the 6.7, along with regen. Nice!!!! :bang

I just finished installing the Fleece BC. For 400.00 it was worth the money. Mid range is a lot stronger and power comes on sooner. With the vanes all the way open the mpg increased about 1mpg driving my normal style.

The people saying it's just a smoke switch are smoking something but it ain't diesel.

If you're expecting monster power just from the Fleece it's not for you, but if you already have a good tuner and want to take advantage of it, definitley get it. Thanks Curt for stirring me in the right direction.:rockwoot::Cheer:

Back