6.7L Boost Controllers

Wrong. Wrong. and wrong agian. There is a lot of confusion on Cummins Forum due to that fact of post like this one. (iN haLF cAPs)

1. The Boost control will work with Edge when installed correctly. And yes your Edge boost read out number will be incorrect. Testing has been done with Edge.

2. The Boost control DOES NOT move the vains to a set point. There are no VAINS in a VNT (Variable NOZZLE Turbo). It changes the rate at which the ECM moves the nozzle. The ECM is always in control the fooler just tells it to do more or less than what it would be doing stock.

3. Fleece never miss lead anyone. Note: If you read the very first post by DieselDiva it stats exactly what the controler does.

4. The box is not water tight/sealed because the box is intended to be mounted in the cab. This is clearly stated in the instructions.

And yes I have seen 38-39lbs of boost too before the controler.... but 38lbs was always a spike, if you watch the YouTube video you can see how the controler let the truck build and HOLD 36-37lbs of boost.

I say put it on the dyno and prove to us THE PUBLIC some added HP/TQ numbers of before and after the Fleece and show us that its worth $400..... Then ill be glad to step aside, as well as others and leave yall be...

Also where im from we have this thing called moisture in the air that gets in the inside of trucks..... so yes if i spent $400 on ur product i would want it sealed due to corrosion.....

I say put it on the dyno and prove to us THE PUBLIC some added HP/TQ numbers of before and after the Fleece and show us that its worth $400..... Then ill be glad to step aside, as well as others and leave yall be...

AGAIN!!!! :bang:bang:bang It is not advertised as a big power adder.

I will use the example of a CAI. A cold air intake set up will run, "YOU THE PUBLIC" about $300-$400? Can you really feel the difference? Not really. Sure they give you a HP number of what? 15, maybe 20 HP? Maybe you can gain a little mileage too. Do you really buy a CAI for the big power? No.

If it is dyno numbers you are looking for with a boost controler I can tell you right now it WILL NOT be 100hp. It has the potential to aid in making big power but it is limited to "JOE PUBLIC" because of check engine lights, codes, and others not making enough fuel.

The controler simply gives you adjustibily with the VNT. Smoke switch on the low end, faster spooling and the ability to change the boost limit. Helping with towing and EGT's. Also mileage when used correctly.

The Boost controler may be a little advanced for your level if you keep asking all of these questions. Since you must have just figured out how to use the CAPS lock button.

As for the unsealed box.... I have heard of that thing you speak of called moisture, I've only see it occur in womens underwear. But the controler will be fine if it is mounted in the cab.

"If" you did a test on a DYNO would it make a difference if it were a load-cell or inertia? I'm thinking an inertia would be the better.

AGAIN!!!! :bang:bang:bang It is not advertised as a big power adder.

I will use the example of a CAI. A cold air intake set up will run, "YOU THE PUBLIC" about $300-$400? Can you really feel the difference? Not really. Sure they give you a HP number of what? 15, maybe 20 HP? Maybe you can gain a little mileage too. Do you really buy a CAI for the big power? No.

If it is dyno numbers you are looking for with a boost controler I can tell you right now it WILL NOT be 100hp. It has the potential to aid in making big power but it is limited to "JOE PUBLIC" because of check engine lights, codes, and others not making enough fuel.

The controler simply gives you adjustibily with the VNT. Smoke switch on the low end, faster spooling and the ability to change the boost limit. Helping with towing and EGT's. Also mileage when used correctly.

The Boost controler may be a little advanced for your level if you keep asking all of these questions. Since you must have just figured out how to use the CAPS lock button.

As for the unsealed box.... I have heard of that thing you speak of called moisture, I've only see it occur in womens underwear. But the controler will be fine if it is mounted in the cab.
Would u please read up on a product before u try to correct a person.... WE DONT HAVE VNT its a VGT...................
http://www.everytime.cummins.com/every/applications/dodge_ram/ram67.page?

Wrong. Wrong. and wrong agian. There is a lot of confusion on Cummins Forum due to that fact of post like this one. (iN haLF cAPs)

1. The Boost control will work with Edge when installed correctly. And yes your Edge boost read out number will be incorrect. Testing has been done with Edge.

2. The Boost control DOES NOT move the vains to a set point. There are no VAINS in a VNT (Variable NOZZLE Turbo). It changes the rate at which the ECM moves the nozzle. The ECM is always in control the fooler just tells it to do more or less than what it would be doing stock.

3. Fleece never miss lead anyone. Note: If you read the very first post by DieselDiva it stats exactly what the controler does.

4. The box is not water tight/sealed because the box is intended to be mounted in the cab. This is clearly stated in the instructions.

And yes I have seen 38-39lbs of boost too before the controler.... but 38lbs was always a spike, if you watch the YouTube video you can see how the controler let the truck build and HOLD 36-37lbs of boost.

So let me get this right......... There are no Vains on the nozzles to guide the air................ Need to just swallow ur pride and say Brayden made a fancy smoke switch.............. :bang:bang:bang

Also to better the device it needs to be a plug and play. not a good idea to be splicing or t-tapping a wiring harness (like u have to do on the edge)

So let me get this right......... There are no Vains on the nozzles to guide the air................ Need to just swallow ur pride and say Brayden made a fancy smoke switch.............. :bang:bang:bang

Yes there are vains.... They are FIXED to the NOZZLE!! Did you even read the link you posted??? "sliding-nozzle Variable Geometry Turbocharger" There are two way to Vary Geometry on a turbo.... Variable Vain (Duramax, the vains physically move) or Variable Nozzle (Cummins, the fixed vains opperate on a sliding-nozzle)

No swallowing pride needed.... if you read the post is says "smoke switch". It just happens to be MORE than just a smoke switch.

Also to better the device it needs to be a plug and play. not a good idea to be splicing or t-tapping a wiring harness (like u have to do on the edge)

Good luck. The connectors are not available in the U.S. (yet) If you have a big bank roll like Edge you could pay to have the molds and dies made.

"If" you did a test on a DYNO would it make a difference if it were a load-cell or inertia? I'm thinking an inertia would be the better.

I would think load-cell.... just because the controler works even better when towing (loaded). But it would be interesting to try it on both inertia and load to see.... that is "If" it ever would get dyno tested.... :hehe::hehe:

Yes there are vains.... They are FIXED to the NOZZLE!! Did you even read the link you posted??? "sliding-nozzle Variable Geometry Turbocharger" There are two way to Vary Geometry on a turbo.... Variable Vain (Duramax, the vains physically move) or Variable Nozzle (Cummins, the fixed vains opperate on a sliding-nozzle)

No swallowing pride needed.... if you read the post is says "smoke switch". It just happens to be MORE than just a smoke switch.

Good luck. The connectors are not available in the U.S. (yet) If you have a big bank roll like Edge you could pay to have the molds and dies made.

Lay off the :nos: yall are full of ur self..... like stated before "$400 rip off is all we see".................... but hey good luck on the smoke switch (or dial to be correct)...... Maybe some young uninformed fool will buy the fleece to help yall make money...... But its still a VGT not a VNT unless cummins doesnt have a clue on what they are installing on their engines........ :hehe::hehe:

To the people interested in this product, IMO this is an overpriced smoke switch. Doesnt help build power. U can buy a cheap power programmer for cheaper and get better results. DONT LET URSELF BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF

:cheer: Does Ktperformance provide the pom pom's, thong, and skirt for you to wear? :cheer:

This isn't Cummins Forum buddy.. you're the noob over here. Especially with posts like this one...

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42617

Sounds like you guys are doing some real ground breaking work there except they released the 6.7 DPF deletes 2 years ago.

Our box does everything it's supposed to. Increase boost, decrease EGT's and even make smoke when you want it to. Have you purchased one? Have you used one?

As for the box being sealed you again are showing your ignorance because the boards are conformal coated which seals out moisture, yet as Curt pointed out they're designed to be installed in the cab.

So go back to being the lab rat for KT's Chip's and Tip's... :eek:wned:

Are you testing Weathertech mat's vs Husky liners next week?

This isn't Cummins Forum buddy.. you're the noob over here. Especially with posts like this one...

I agree with this statement... trying to do what you do anywhere else never has a passing grade here at CompD. I thought about this last night when I saw this brewing.....

Outside of your comments are correct regarding this site and the way things will be perceived and dealt with on this board. Can you give any insight as to why this member is pushing the issue? Like, did you guys court him to spend the 4 bills? Did you advertise differently elsewhere? What's the hang up here....

I know I would be a tad uncomfortable with the situation should I have been the target. I am not on either side of the fence, I am running on the top rail.... but just want to get down to the facts.

I don't know him... He just seems to be pushing it so I figured it was time to push back a bit. We're on the level... you wouldn't have guys like Garrett @ Pure Diesel selling them or Premier Performance looking at them. It serves a purpose.. It eliminates the factory boost limit and allows you to build boost sooner for increased torque on the low end or more flow on the top with the twist of a knob. There are no claims of anything else.

We're finishing a 6.7 now that has dual pumps and 150hp nozzles and a cheetah turbo and it will be using our boost controller and an MP8. In this situation the controller is a great product because we're not running any other electronics to keep the ECM from defueling. That feature plus the adjustablity of the boost curve on the mod'd charger should make a pretty nice setup. It may not be the product for everyone but it does serve it's purpose well.

Brayden

What's the 18th? Besides Suncoast's open house?

Why would a stock 6.7 gain any power with more boost?
Might make tq sooner but I doubt the overall power would go up.... Now if you have fuel to burn, then yes you could probably expect some power to be had... Haven't we been over this?

I don't know him... He just seems to be pushing it so I figured it was time to push back a bit. We're on the level... you wouldn't have guys like Garrett @ Pure Diesel selling them or Premier Performance looking at them. It serves a purpose.. It eliminates the factory boost limit and allows you to build boost sooner for increased torque on the low end or more flow on the top with the twist of a knob. There are no claims of anything else.

We're finishing a 6.7 now that has dual pumps and 150hp nozzles and a cheetah turbo and it will be using our boost controller and an MP8. In this situation the controller is a great product because we're not running any other electronics to keep the ECM from defueling. That feature plus the adjustablity of the boost curve on the mod'd charger should make a pretty nice setup. It may not be the product for everyone but it does serve it's purpose well.

Brayden
Thanks for the Info Brayden............. I have asked the questions and made the statements because i was very interested in ur product...... There has been limited info about ur product.... Several guys (wether they are ur friends or co-workers) Have claimed BIG smoke or Loud whistle noise with ur product..... Then it went as far as saying 15hp gain. Then when they were put on the spot there was crawfishing done......... Im not here to bash ur product................ Again thanks for the info and more details...........

:cheer: Does Ktperformance provide the pom pom's, thong, and skirt for you to wear? :cheer:

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42617

Sounds like you guys are doing some real ground breaking work there except they released the 6.7 DPF deletes 2 years ago.

Our box does everything it's supposed to. Increase boost, decrease EGT's and even make smoke when you want it to. Have you purchased one? Have you used one?

As for the box being sealed you again are showing your ignorance because the boards are conformal coated which seals out moisture, yet as Curt pointed out they're designed to be installed in the cab.

So go back to being the lab rat for KT's Chip's and Tip's... :eek:wned:

Are you testing Weathertech mat's vs Husky liners next week?

as for the comment of the dPF delete's we arent running a 2 year old setup... We are working with BADP and are running a new delete module and will be updating to the Gen 3 on Feb. 7th....... we are working on a good setup for the common guy for the 6.7 that the average Joe may like to have and not worry about being broke down on the side of the road because there are problems that were untested.......... Im not a big power person..... Just want the best bang for my buck.......

Thanks for the Info Brayden............. I have asked the questions and made the statements because i was very interested in ur product...... There has been limited info about ur product.... Several guys (wether they are ur friends or co-workers) Have claimed BIG smoke or Loud whistle noise with ur product..... Then it went as far as saying 15hp gain. Then when they were put on the spot there was crawfishing done......... Im not here to bash ur product................ Again thanks for the info and more details...........

Crawfishing huh... I really just got tired of posting the same exact thing over and over and over and over.... because if figured some like yourself who had read all the threads on Cummins Forum would have already understood the concept. Limited info.... my A$$.... If you think BIG smoke was claimed you obviously didn't even read the first couple of post in this thread (w/ video proof). With just an MP-8 you can see the smoke difference in the two videos. One with "a little" smoke and the other with no smoke. :cheer:

Back