6 point cage vs. 8 vs 10?

Thanks joe any chance you would have pics of the cage you just did in will jone's old truck? Just left the chassis shop he wasn't sure if a dash bar was required for 8.50 cert an the tech guy for this area is out of town couldn't get ahold of him to ask..

Dash bar is not required with oem floor and firewall

Price seemed reasonable has to cut out door bars to attach new ones to front down bars adding swing outs both sides, window net, and cert. fee $1210 out the door mild steel.. Woulda liked to do chromoly but with whats already there didn't think would make much use having a 50/50 cage..
Anthony posted them in his thread here. I'm glad to see my price for him was inline with what you were quoted. I only had to cut out the bottom mount of the doorbar since they were already swing outs. I have more pictures on my facebook if you need them.

Took some pics earlier.. The whole thing was a cluster from start til now (still not finished).. I payed half up front on a friday so he could order materials to start on it first thing monday.. I went and made passes that weekend towards my license and brought it back 8am monday morning he was suppose to have it ready by thursday certification on cage done etc.. Well needless to say he didn't get it done in time. Said he misbent the halo and had to order more material. The following week he started on it again and was gonna have it done Wednesday for me to pick up wed came around and it wasn't done yet swing out kit for door bars never showed up nor the window net kit! He left out of town for
a race in denton knowing i needed the truck for tx diesel nationals that weekend. His guys worked on it all day friday to atleast get it to where i could take it an go to race wout certification of cage, swingouts, window net etc.. And also had to reinstall a cracked windshield bc at 5:30 thursday when glass guy showed up to install it I found out it was cracked! So needless to say I had to put it in and deal with it. Loaded it on the trailer only to learn the door bars block the door handles so you have to open the door from the outside!! Anyways here are some pics of it up til now.. Door bars need to be modified with a bend around door handles and swing out kit as well as getting certified.

nazatana.jpg

raseze2u.jpg

a6anyzyr.jpg

have you tried calling insane chassis works right outside of beaumont headed to port arthur?

have you tried calling insane chassis works right outside of beaumont headed to port arthur?

Cage work is done for the most part he just has to cut the door bars out and redo them around the door handles and install the swing out kit. Truck has been down since april so haven't had a chance to get it back out to him to finish. Should have it up and running today and will be headed to track one final time friday night and then taking a break from racing til the fall. Plan on taking it back to him in next few weeks to get the changes to door bars done these were just a temporary rush job to have it ready by Texas Diesel Nationals back in april.

Back