650 RWHP Whats it take?

I'd be interested if someone could figure out how to make the gear selector, tow/haul, manual button shift all work with the Allison. And factory exhaust brake button work with aftermarket brake.
I don't think it would be that hard. You would need a bunch of wiring diagrams and sometime a lot of time. I have been thinking about it, but haven't started digging for wiring diagrams yet.

CAC flexplate & adapter $1450.00*
Wire Harness kit $1800.00* plus a $200 core charge unless you can supply a A 51 or A 53 TCM
261 XHD transfer case $1550.00*
these prices are from cummins allison converters if anyone is honestly interested in the swap id rather bring back my old post about it rather than getting off topic of the op

Converter
Valve body
Good trans tuning
S465
100-150hp injectors
That setup can make 650, and hold for a while depending on driving style. My stock 68 with just trans tuning has been putting up with close to 600whp for over a year now daily driven

I'll second or third the revmax 850. I cruise mine everywhere. 0-60 in under 7 seconds and 20 mpg. It takes everything I throw at it and laughs. Granted I'm only around 500 hp give or take on 35s.
A lot of the lists I've seen here are capable of A LOT more than 6-700 hp!!
When you do studs don't mess around just get the 625s.
The turbo I'm running is very small for a 6.7 it's a 62/80 that I'll be ditching the first chance I get.

All this talk of swapping in Allisons and no one has mentioned the 4R100 swap? Many would argue a stronger transmission than the Allison, just not the big name. Bone stock 4R100 will handle 700-750 RWHP according to many shop owners I've spoken to. When all is said and done cost would be extremely close to that of an Allison swap.

Granted a different usage and cost but consider that many of the Dodge guys in the drag racing world are switching from their built 48's and modified Lenco's to run 4R100's.

Whole reason ATS started development on their swap kit was for the 68 owners.

Last edited:
I'll call BS on the 4R100 holding any kind of power, stock. There junk transmissions is stock form! I've burnt up a few and seen countless others.
With that being said a built 4R100 is unstoppable. There are 2 go to places for the BTS for the east coast and John Woods for the west coast. Both are known to be the best and neither is considered a clear winner for the title there split by cost mostly.
BTS builds 1 transmission so its a get what you get. Unless you talk to Brian and have things tweaked for an all out drag truck.
John Woods makes several different options and variations of the 4R100.

I did 750 on my setup in my sig. On the street on its best day I would argue 800. It's plenty fun.

For what it's worth and also taken with a grain of salt. Fleece told me their 465 would do 800 and "they have guys working for them with that turbo driving them everyday to work as 800hp daily drivers" I personally find it hard to believe but if it were true might be worth it to gain some Rpms in spool.

We can make 800 HP all day long with our S463 :)

my truck

100 hp nozzles
Single stock cp3 with arson kit
studs, push rods, valve springs,
built trans
67.7 cast wheel
ryans tuning was 680/1201

now its
400 hp injectors
ats dual fuelers
billet 75 mm
hopin to hit 950

I had a super b special w/ ad dual stock cp3s and smarty on sw 9 tq m 3 or 4 and I had to be in the 6s I would have thought ..Truck pulled hard and I am selling this setup now...Super b special w/ar cut for 6.7 dp , 3rd gen mani, afe intake, shibby intake horn, smarty sr pod 2450

Being a swap I kept my 4r and its good for 1200 or so to the wheels..it helps with keeping big single lit too..I know the 68s were dieing quickly at high HP levels..this comes from someone I know who ran an omega racing even with free tranny he was sick of changing them and went to a 48..

My 4r is full billet and went through a couple with a mild build when I just did the conversion.. Tuning helped ...and now we will see how it likes a s475 and 100% overs..but auto work uses a stock alli with SCT tranny tuning in their drag car with built Cummins..

Back