650 RWHP Whats it take?

Intake, exhaust, smarty. Add the numbers on the boxes and WALA, you have close to 650. Lol

How are the 68's holding this 650-800 whp trucks for TRUE daily drivers the USE the power?

And what brands are you guys using for the 68 builds?

Revmax 850.... I have never had a issue. I drive mine everywhere everyday over the 20k ish I've had it. I love it.

Revmax 850.... I have never had a issue. I drive mine everywhere everyday over the 20k ish I've had it. I love it.

Seems that's a popular unit on CF too.
Don't they have a 1000 version that's not quite so "daily" friendly?

Jesus, David, after seeing the prices of the "built" 68ReallyFukkingExpensive units...I quit even looking into upgrades.

Really? Never shpped them.
What are ya seeing for $$ ?

I got mine off a guy taking his truck back to stock for 8k so wasn't too bad. Talked with Frank at Revmax to verify it was a true unit. It's probably got 40k over all.

I got mine off a guy taking his truck back to stock for 8k so wasn't too bad. Talked with Frank at Revmax to verify it was a true unit. It's probably got 40k over all.

Holy chitballs!! $8K for used??

WTH do they cost new?

10k and up from what I've seen. (Shipping, fluids, core. Ex) We put it in while in his driveway and did the relearn. 8k was all said and done. Installed

The 1000 is suppose to be a track only unit. From what I know it's meant to be driven aggressive and temps and shift points aren't meant for the street. There's guys on CF asking about daily driving them and Frank always chimes in and shuts them down.

Last edited:
$6000 and UP!

It's horse schidt. I can buy a new, used truck and beat the hell out of it for that.

I love of the 68rfe feels for daily driving, and it's be hard to go back to a 48re if I pick up a 4th gen at some point, but what a freaking price tag for the transmission that has a big sticker stating 'warranty void if using 37" tires of larger'. For the price, I want it bulletproof like a 48re.

The Allison swaps don't sound too bad. They come stock with much larger bushings all around, toss in a TC and stack clutches, and you're good to just shy of 800rwhp and it sounds like it daily drives nice. And if you sell your stock 68rfe stuff, it's only about a $4000 price tag.

This is why I haven't been too eager to go wild on the daily driver.

Can save a few bucks by buying parts and building it yourself. This is the route I'll take when mine sh!ts out. At least until someone figured out an Allison swap that keeps the dash happy.

I'd like to stay with a Single CP3(for some stupid reason). But I like the combo's so far!

Meh. For about the same price, I'll take the reliability, simplicity, and room to grow of 2 stockers over 1 modded pump 100% of the time. :poke:

I love of the 68rfe feels for daily driving, and it's be hard to go back to a 48re if I pick up a 4th gen at some point, but what a freaking price tag for the transmission that has a big sticker stating 'warranty void if using 37" tires of larger'. For the price, I want it bulletproof like a 48re.

The Allison swaps don't sound too bad. They come stock with much larger bushings all around, toss in a TC and stack clutches, and you're good to just shy of 800rwhp and it sounds like it daily drives nice. And if you sell your stock 68rfe stuff, it's only about a $4000 price tag.

Revmax will warranty over 35's but you have to show proof of a gearing change. So even more money. But a option for the big tire guys.

How are the 68's holding this 650-800 whp trucks for TRUE daily drivers the USE the power?

And what brands are you guys using for the 68 builds?

i have a 550 in mine because at the time the 850 was 2-3 months out and i needed it asap still have zero issues with it 726hp daily driver...going through tires though:Cheer:

Just ordered a 550 for mine this past friday with billet input and flex plate. Tom informed me that the 550s now ger the level 5 converters because it just isnt worth them building the level 4s. I shipped my core back to revmax today so they can pull my revmax vb to use in the new tranny, and also sent my tcm out to dave matthews while i was running around town. Im excited! I cheaped out on my first rebuild ($3500) and it held together for about 50k miles, but has never honestly shifted quite right and it finally gave up 2nd, 5th, and 6th all at the same time.

The Allison swaps don't sound too bad. They come stock with much larger bushings all around, toss in a TC and stack clutches, and you're good to just shy of 800rwhp and it sounds like it daily drives nice. And if you sell your stock 68rfe stuff, it's only about a $4000 price tag.[/QUOTE]

ive got all the emails somewhere with prices on the allison swap for a 6.7 cummins if anyones interested in it i got a steal of a deal on parts for my 68rfe...that fried last week because of burnouts at a bar...... i could post it up if anyone wanted i had everything lined up and figured out besides actually doing it

I'd be interested if someone could figure out how to make the gear selector, tow/haul, manual button shift all work with the Allison. And factory exhaust brake button work with aftermarket brake.

Back