7.3 rebuild?

cobiker

Collector of Miles
I learned about Garmon from going to the Friday Night Drags at AMS. I started asking around and heard nothing but high praises for Jeff. :bow:

I have a 96 F250 4x4 7.3 turbo E4OD with Dana axles. Everything is stock and it has 450,000 miles on it so it's time to get ready to get ready for either a rebuild or a replace. I replaced the injectors and glow plugs for the first time at 325k. Very dependable motor.

The trans is the weak link. I've never had one last more than 80-100k:doh:

I'm here for advice. I'm looking for a daily driver with improved MPG's and maybe a bit more power. I've been told an intercooler would boost mileage, but is it worth it on such an old engine?

LOL, Jeff's a busy man. Not every vendor on CompD is online every day. Phone works best for most of these guys.

sorry, didn't mean to be an :shake:, but I called the number I had a week or so ago and left a message with Jeff (I think) and got no call back (figured he was racing). I was hoping for some advice and maybe some guesstimates on cost before I start. I thought the forum would be a better way than interrupting work on someone's truck. I know Jeff's gotta make money to feed those race trucks.

So...would adding an intercooler to such an old motor be a waste?

Would it be better to run an Allison trans instead of my e4od? Is it a fit or do I have to change driveshafts and cross member, etc?

What is the ballpark price range to rebuild my 7.3?

a typical rebuild on a 7.3 if you pull it out is around 5k right off. well thats what my engine shop charges when they worked on mine.

Back