7.3 rebuild?

cobiker

Collector of Miles
I learned about Garmon from going to the Friday Night Drags at AMS. I started asking around and heard nothing but high praises for Jeff. :bow:

I have a 96 F250 4x4 7.3 turbo E4OD with Dana axles. Everything is stock and it has 450,000 miles on it so it's time to get ready to get ready for either a rebuild or a replace. I replaced the injectors and glow plugs for the first time at 325k. Very dependable motor.

The trans is the weak link. I've never had one last more than 80-100k:doh:

I'm here for advice. I'm looking for a daily driver with improved MPG's and maybe a bit more power. I've been told an intercooler would boost mileage, but is it worth it on such an old engine?

Hmmm no responses. I guess since I'm not seeking performance no one is interested?

I would be glad to help with your engine. 404 557 4972

LOL, Jeff's a busy man. Not every vendor on CompD is online every day. Phone works best for most of these guys.

LOL, Jeff's a busy man. Not every vendor on CompD is online every day. Phone works best for most of these guys.

sorry, didn't mean to be an :shake:, but I called the number I had a week or so ago and left a message with Jeff (I think) and got no call back (figured he was racing). I was hoping for some advice and maybe some guesstimates on cost before I start. I thought the forum would be a better way than interrupting work on someone's truck. I know Jeff's gotta make money to feed those race trucks.

So...would adding an intercooler to such an old motor be a waste?

Would it be better to run an Allison trans instead of my e4od? Is it a fit or do I have to change driveshafts and cross member, etc?

What is the ballpark price range to rebuild my 7.3?

a typical rebuild on a 7.3 if you pull it out is around 5k right off. well thats what my engine shop charges when they worked on mine.

PM me your number and I'll be glad to have Jeff call you directly..

David

Back