800rwhp #2 only 12valve?

KTA-Cummins

Diesel Doctor
What would it take to get 800rwhp with no correction factor on a single turbo 12 valve? I am curious to what combinations people think might be good enough to get one there. Has it ever been done?

I am fishing for answers, but don't seem to be getting any bites. :) Well other than putting a KTA in it, but they are 24valve so that wasn't the answer to the question! Johnboy who did 1000+rwhp with a 12valve cummins on a single turbo and no additives?

Im hoping to do what your asking but with Twins not a single,Thats my goal anyhow. I would think this would be difficult with a single for sure

Brett

If I had the cash here would be my potential setup. #1 build the engine using the marine style piston and drop the compression ratio to 15:1 with a P & P'd head that has the fire ring treatment. Injectors would be custom EDM with a following extrude home process. I would get my pump from scheid with the upgrades necessary to make the 800hp. More than likely a 5K GSK. I would have a custom ground cam made with a little more overlap to compliment the higher GSK but not too much. I would adjust my timing to 25-30 advanced. The turbo's I'd use would be from bullseye power, Primary being the S485 with a 1.32 Turbine AR and the secondary being an S366 gated to 35psi with a total system pressure of around 60-65psi.

whataya think?

Not enough boost pressure. I would maybe tighten up the turbine section. just a hair. Dynoing like quick lighting chargers. I think that is the reason that some of the setups that dyno well, don't necessarily do as well on the track. That being said maybe jump down to the 480.

Last edited:
i agree..im hoping to hit 600 hp on that boost...you would need 100+ psi...and some bottom end work ( you dont wanna fill the oil pan with rods and pistons)

NO twins talk guys, the post said SINGLE turbo.:thankyou2:
I have done a couple of mid 600's on singles, but wondering what it will take to get another 20%.

My stab at this is simple

Fuel and air.. with the assumption money is no factor

Huge injectors, probly custom injectors
Huge CC pump, id say in the 500 plus range.
Huge Single turbo, S480 or larger
Extensive headwork, and porting
Built up bottom end
An insane amount of tuning time

Its all i can think of for now

NO twins talk guys, the post said SINGLE turbo.:thankyou2:
I have done a couple of mid 600's on singles, but wondering what it will take to get another 20%.

How many RPM do you want to use?

I'm sure you know this already, but with a big single, say 75mm or larger on a 12v, it'll take a lot. I figure with a good cam, the charger should be rockin' and rollin' around 3K RPM.

You gonna use a VE? :hehe:
Chris

on a single i would say the normal 12v goodies but for a single charger a s480 or 495 charger with a 1.10 ar ex housing. I know that s485 is good for over 1000 hp on a gasser

You should be able to do it with a GT45 sized single provided it's gated. You might even do it with a GT42 but it would be on the ragged edge IMO.

I think Garrett's black 98 could do it. Pull the W/M off and see what it does.

There are several trucks running 800 on number #2. Pretty much those are running bushed 2.8 chargers, so I image a 3.0 s400 would be there.

What would it take to get 800rwhp with no correction factor on a single turbo 12 valve? I am curious to what combinations people think might be good enough to get one there. Has it ever been done?
I would go with a Silver Bullet 66, a p-pump set up for 660-700cc's, some healthy sticks and some*nx*

Back