800rwhp #2 only 12valve?

I thought Dr. Donnely did 799.9 hp with rumors of more years ago???
This was on a stock fueling section as well, IIRC.......

hmm,, word is mike made 1000 on a engine dyno with a HX82 , I would do some 3+ thing and 450+CI

I think if I could get my truck under a load with the air/water intercooler it would come pretty close.
I know it could do it with the NEW setup. :evil

I thought Dr. Donnely did 799.9 hp with rumors of more years ago???
This was on a stock fueling section as well, IIRC.......

Nope, the fueling section was 13mm plungers on the 799.9 run. Stock 181 DV's though.

Stock head bolts, 20 over marine gasket, Hot Rod 370's, a single turbo much like the aurora 5000 of today. Same compressor but, a different ( larger ) ex housing. That turbo was a few years ahead of its time. Stock intercooler. Milder than expected timing. Stock lift pump too.

DynoJet, but it was corrected that day. 5% positive.

After the 799 run, more timing was cranked in. Looked like it was going to 820 or so and "pop".

It needed head studs, more timing, a better lift pump, and some block freshening. It had 120,000 plus miles on. Much of that was hard use on the dyno with high egt. It had scuffed cylinders when it came apart for a rebuild after Joe gave up on it.

Last edited:
Thats crazy that that very mild setup made that kinda power even using stock head bolts.

Brian..
You call Picaso(HighFinance97) and have him bring down "Ol Sickly's" 799hp single turbo,then throw some of Fulmer and Ponci's P-Pump magic fairy dust to get the correct "Presentation",close the hood and with your knowledge 900hp on a single should be no problem......

Brian..
You call Picaso(HighFinance97) and have him bring down "Ol Sickly's" 799hp single turbo,then throw some of Fulmer and Ponci's P-Pump magic fairy dust to get the correct "Presentation",close the hood and with your knowledge 900hp on a single should be no problem......

Now that is just funny Andy!

Maybe Joe will come on here and tell all of us about all the dyno runs made and the little secrets that no one knows about :rockwoot: This is the first time that anyone has ever admitted that the runs were with a 13mm pump.

Supposedly they were with a stock 215 pump, I still remember his pump guy saying he could get 1000 cc's out of a 215 pump with 12mm P&B's, this is when I practiced my about face maneuver.

Jim

I'da thought George's truck was getting close to this mark, no???

Nope with those big tires and a power sapping auto it would be doing REAL good to touch 700rwhp with that 2.8 charger. A 1000HP on a engine dyno is probably 800 or less at the wheels due to drivetrain losses. I don't think just turning a bunch of RPM is the answer since I haven't seen any dyno sheets for a single turbo 12v showing more power at 5000rpm than at 4000rpm. It looks like 800rwhp with this setup most be new territory, at least ones that are verifiable.:ft:

Supposedly they were with a stock 215 pump, I still remember his pump guy saying he could get 1000 cc's out of a 215 pump with 12mm P&B's, this is when I practiced my about face maneuver.

Jim..
Funny you should mention that as I have heard that a reputable Cali shop just did a 12mm P-Pump and the current owner is boasting that he has over 1000cc's with a 12mm pump.Hmmm,Wonder where the pump was done at??.

Brian..
It would stand to reason that to get that much power down low you'd have to have a cam done to get the big charger spooling.You would want to shorten the duration which would allow the camshaft to get the valves shut to allow the piston to be in proper position.Adding some intake lobe and separation would also help but you would need to keep in mind proper piston placement for proper combustion and performance.Another trick would be to add some intake rocker if you have the piston to valve clearance.Shorten the stroke and widen the bore to make your cubic inches the same is another way to make the power with a low rpm motor.

I have had some big running 12v trucks at my dyno events and have never seen a one of them make usable power above 3500 rpm.Once that plain is crossed all you end up with is heat and the power curve drops like a stone and the torque dies fast...........Andy

Nope, the fueling section was 13mm plungers on the 799.9 run. Stock 181 DV's though.

Stock head bolts, 20 over marine gasket, Hot Rod 370's, a single turbo much like the aurora 5000 of today. Same compressor but, a different ( larger ) ex housing. That turbo was a few years ahead of its time. Stock intercooler. Milder than expected timing. Stock lift pump too.

DynoJet, but it was corrected that day. 5% positive.

After the 799 run, more timing was cranked in. Looked like it was going to 820 or so and "pop".

It needed head studs, more timing, a better lift pump, and some block freshening. It had 120,000 plus miles on. Much of that was hard use on the dyno with high egt. It had scuffed cylinders when it came apart for a rebuild after Joe gave up on it.

Hey Don. You wouldn't be talking about this charger would ya? :cool:

frontsized.jpg

Hammer, you must have a infatuation with me to keep thinking of me. I hate to burst your bubble but i dont swing that way. Toodles!

Here it is!!!
I sent it out to Pius and had him Freshen it up for me
:rockwoot:
Turbo 007.jpg

Michael

Last edited:
just to bring this thread back here's the little guy now, driven daily on the street, and even doing a little light towing.
littleturbomounted.jpg

funny this thread gets bumped up.. i was just talkin bout trying this with my truck last night

Back