A New Turbo/Gate setup

Do you typically run the gate discharge into the hot pipe, down pipe or just out to the atmosphere??? Hopefully I'll have my new gate soon. I'm thinking I'll dump to the hot pipe.

It will go into the down pipe, it's a short distance, on Twins it would go in the hot pipe.

Jim

Do you typically run the gate discharge into the hot pipe, down pipe or just out to the atmosphere??? Hopefully I'll have my new gate soon. I'm thinking I'll dump to the hot pipe.

If you run it to atmosphere you can see when it opens. Very useful for diagnostics purposes.

Do you try to direct the flow of the discharge toward the inlet of the primary in the hot pipe, or does it not really matter? Would a second gate between the hot pipe and the primary be wise (pricey as it may be)?

Do you try to direct the flow of the discharge toward the inlet of the primary in the hot pipe, or does it not really matter? Would a second gate between the hot pipe and the primary be wise (pricey as it may be)?

Yes but it doesn't have to be perfect, just don't run it perpendicular or sideways to the flow and yes on another in the hot pipe, that's why I kept my 38mm gate, for future use.

Jim

Mine's in the down pipe , and if I were using it on twins I would bypass the hot pipe strait to the down pipe. You can use the internal top gate for tuning. Here's mine....

On a side note, Jim I notice your pipe between your gate is fairly long, will it clear under the hood? Mine looks a good bit shorter.

Last edited:

1108082106.jpg

Looks great Jim, good luck getting it up and going. Thanks for the feedback.

Brett give me a call on your charger.

Dan I found a source for those clamps at SEMA. I have pricing and samples coming.

Looks great Jim, good luck getting it up and going. Thanks for the feedback.

Brett give me a call on your charger.

Dan I found a source for those clamps at SEMA. I have pricing and samples coming.

I will take a sample:hehe:

Jim

Are you going to brace the gate up with something. It maybe just me but I would like to see some added support for peice of mind.

Jim

Are you going to brace the gate up with something. It maybe just me but I would like to see some added support for peice of mind.

Nope, can't see why I would need to! It doesn't weigh that much, now I could see running a Q Bellows in the discharge pipe but I didn't get one yet.

Jim

It's finally on the road, once it dries up a bit I'll try to get some data, it verses the Silver Bullet, drive pressures ect.........talk about easy to spool!

DSC00789.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00788.jpg
[/IMG]

Jim

Nice, yeah let me know what you think compared to the SB power wise. I think im gonna pull the trigger on the 66/68 soon

It is a 66/65 with a .81 housing, no reason it couldn't have a 68 in it or even a .96 housing, no need to change anything with it that I can see right now but it does flutter at part throttle, not something I have ever had with any combo.

Jim

So is the tiny housing for spool then all the excess DP goes out via the external gate? If u cant tell I am gate impaired.
Brandon

Back