A1000

shiftycapone

wandering the desert
Thinking about going to an a1000 for a new lift pump. It is simple, and I found a place that has them for $250. I can get lines and fittings for pretty cheap as well. Question is where do I run the return from? I saw how highfinance97 ran the filter,pump,regulator combo all together, and I would be doing something similar. So could I just run the return into the fill neck where the existing return is now? I have only seen people on here put these on 12v's and return and regulte after the p pump, but I have a vp, for now, so help me out.:thankyou2:

Thinking about going to an a1000 for a new lift pump. It is simple, and I found a place that has them for $250. I can get lines and fittings for pretty cheap as well. Question is where do I run the return from? I saw how highfinance97 ran the filter,pump,regulator combo all together, and I would be doing something similar. So could I just run the return into the fill neck where the existing return is now? I have only seen people on here put these on 12v's and return and regulte after the p pump, but I have a vp, for now, so help me out.:thankyou2:

You can get PPE 160 GPH pumps for that price.

You can get PPE 160 GPH pumps for that price.

I have thought about that as well. Also the edlebrock one that looks just like ppe's that some of the duramax guys run. I have heard good and bad things, but if I get another lift pump I want it to be THE last one I buy!

About the return line. The pump has one inlet and one outlet. Would I just feed from the inlet, run a length of hose to the regulator, and basically tee off from there back to the tank, while the other line goes to the inj. pump?

Great pumps with even better customer service if you do have an issue. Not bypassing enough fuel through the return will cause these pumps to run hot. A 6an line back to the tank is what Aeromotive says to use. Use the Aeromotive bypass reg. for fuel injected engines.

About the return line. The pump has one inlet and one outlet. Would I just feed from the inlet, run a length of hose to the regulator, and basically tee off from there back to the tank

while the other line goes to the inj. pump?

depends which regulator

you need some sort of 'bypass regulator' - you prolly already know that

most of them have multiple ports on the sides and a discharge (return) port out of the bottom

if you read the thread at the boat site one of the guys was talking about a large return - that is a must if you want the regulator to do its job. the longer the return line the larger dia it has to be

to answer your question about plumbing yes, fuel would come in one side of the reg, flow across the diaphram and out the other side of the reg to your inj pump. with the excess (the majority of the fuel btw) going out the bottom and back to the tank

also, that ppl pump has an internal reg which must be disabled if you want to plumb it as above. the aeromotive does not thats why you need the bypass

don

A 6an line back to the tank is what Aeromotive says to use.

where does it say that? if you go to their site there is a chart that backs up what i have said here and on the other thread (longer the line larger it has to be)

i would not use a -6 (3/8" id) for the return unless the reg was mounted back at the pump (next to the tank) and it was only a few feet long. that is not the desired way to plumb using a bypass reg anyways. you want the line between the reg and what ever it is feeding to be as short as possible. then the return line size is determined by length

aeromotive has a chart for this. the only other variable besides length is flow (how many gph your pump moves). just like the longer the return line - the more fuel the pump moves - the larger the return is supposed to be

in a ex cab truck with the reg up front on the inner fender and the tank 3/4 of the way back to the rear axle you should use a very large return with a 180 gph pump

good luck with it

don

ya forgot quick and simple

but it does not sound like dude is looking for quick and simple

sounds like he wants to build a high performance fuel system

which has its benifits...

The orifice in the bypass regulator is less than 1/8". When I spoke to the guys at aeromotive years ago about running this pump I was told as long as the line is 6an. it is large enough no matter the run length. I have driven over 700 miles in a day and you could still put your hand on the pump. I have ran the diesel rated pump from them for a few years so I know what I speak about. But I'm done with the little electric toys now.

picture.php

ya forgot quick and simple

but it does not sound like dude is looking for quick and simple

sounds like he wants to build a high performance fuel system

which has its benifits...

well if a airdog system aint a high performance fuel system and it will support 1138hp on fuel only then i dont know what mitch wants lol. its quick, easy,cost effective and it works.

well if a airdog system aint a high performance fuel system....

not saying it isnt

just saying you can build better

and if you do you will reap benifits

not looking to argue - if you think AD is as good as it gets so be it

not saying it isnt

just saying you can build better

and if you do you will reap benifits

not looking to argue - if you think AD is as good as it gets so be it

oh i aint trying to argue either bud. to each man his own i guess. i used to be a bd carter lift pump guy, then went with glacier, now i am a ad kinda guy. not haveing electronics is a very nice touch i do have to add.

I've had them apart to rebuild them. Try that and then talk to me....1/8" is being conservative. Most likely less. Until you get into the BIG ones. They are more like a 1/4" LOL With a 6an line running 16' back to the tank I can back the pressure off to 12 psi. And that pump puts out 1500 lbs. an hour at 2500 rpm. 3 times the fuel that little electric pump is doing on it's best day.

picture.php

And BTW the outlet port for the return line on all the electric pump regulators are 6an. I suppose now you are going to explain to me how using a line larger than the outlet holds some advantage? Do tell LMAO

1500 lbs. an hour at 2500 rpm.

3 times the fuel that little electric pump is doing on it's best day.

more bogus info

if one knows what he is doing one can make these little pumps move 1500 lbs/hr

its not rocket science

Back