Ahale's 94 Build thread

Yeah thoose runs were on a 125 ish shot of spray. First time I have dyno'd that engine so we went sort of easy, was planning to go back and run it with a bigger shot and the gates actually working. Happy with how the truck reacts with spray. if I had the cash I'd build a set of twins but it's not in the cards right now, so I'll spray.

Did eventually get those tires on the truck... Bought a set of cheepo rough country 2 inch spacers and used 4 acorn style lugs to center the outer dually, then bolted normal bud style lugs and eventually pulled the 4 alignment lugs off, poor mans solution. But worked well

IMG_20141227_115933842_zpsupqeavem.jpg

IMG_20141220_134038969_zpsxk9qbsad.jpg

By the way, on the second pull of those dyno runs the shut off solenoid decided to kill the truck after full throttle, still don't know why, I'm thinking the throttle went over center and jammed or something. Need to figure that out

^yup. The dually is burried under about 6 feet of snow. Started once in the last 2 months. I'm sure every piece of that engine is just rotting away nicely.

Such an expensive yard ornament.

Traded the 80 for a 71/83/.9 and put that on with the same setup and I've just been talking it easy on it. In a place where I just want to enjoy driving it with a bit of power and not break it. Eventually when I don't need it as a spare rig, I'll throw something large on top of the 71 and go back for some big numbers.

Bought an 04 suburban 2500 a while back and found an 03 duramax donor truck, so any spare cash is going there.

So she's not completely forgotten, just doing daily driver duty for a while.

Back from the dead.

Small update, got the truck to the track once a few weeks back. Ran a few 11.9's at full street weight of 7600lbs. Full tank of fuel, cap, full interior, junk in the bed, tailgate, and 6 285's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng947WyexaM

This is on just fuel and the 71/83/.9 I have on the truck with a very conservative afc tune. It's best run of the night actually had the air filter on as well.

Got some looks spinning all 6 off the line with a cap :lolly:

Back