Air Dog--no?

Ramzilla2500

Are any of you guys running an air dog on your swaps? I talked with a reputable vendor and wanted to order the spring to up my air dog pressure for my upcoming swap. He stated that I would need to buy a FASS that an air dog couldn't keep up with a P pump swap. Fact or fiction? What are all of you guys running?

LOL. I'm guessing said vendor was a FASS dealer and not an airdog vendor. And having run both on my 01 ppump, and having both fail, I'll stick to mechanical.

I would use a different "reputable vendor". He is looking out for his better interests, not yours.

I run an AD on my truck, although i purchased it for a 12v truck since it was after i did my swap. Only had to get 1 motor replaced under warranty so far. lol

I sold my fass because it wasnt keeping up!

P pump 24v with.airdog i always have 50 lbs of pressure at wot! Never been happier

Actually he is a dealer for both. I have always considered him very helpful and knowledgeable but when I heard that I was kinda wondering. So what GPH air dog are you guys running?

Here is his statement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Airdog will not keep up. You need a fass 240gph. Airdogs have too much pressure drop on the ppump trucks.

My airdog 165 dropped 5-10lbs and my fass 150 dropped 10-15. And that was at 500cc of fuel.

my airdog df-165 is maintaining a solid 65 psi, different engine but I'd wager total fuel demand from the pump is comparable.

Are any of you guys running an air dog on your swaps? I talked with a reputable vendor and wanted to order the spring to up my air dog pressure for my upcoming swap. He stated that I would need to buy a FASS that an air dog couldn't keep up with a P pump swap. Fact or fiction? What are all of you guys running?

What pump do you have? Whats your setup? An ad 150 does not keep up on my truck and I have been through a few.

What pump do you have? Whats your setup? An ad 150 does not keep up on my truck and I have been through a few.

I haven't done my pump swap yet. I am still gathering parts but I have a smallish twin setup,200hp sac injectors that I am sending to have set to ppump pressure, cam is on the way, pump will be fairly stock. It's just a street truck no pulling or racing. Mt airdog now is a 100 but I have a 150 pump new in box sitting in the shed. Would I be better selling the air dog and running a stock 12V mechanical pump or what about feeding the stock 12V pump with the air dog? Any point in that or just a dumb idea?

I don't believe either one of those airdog's is rated for P-pump fuel pressures. I think I'd use the airdog to feed a mechanical pump.

I ran an airdog 200gph wheb my truck was vpd and the same pump when i p pumped it, just turned up the adjustable regulator to 55psi and that pump kept up fine. Dynoed 770 hp with it as well.

I don't believe either one of those airdog's is rated for P-pump fuel pressures. I think I'd use the airdog to feed a mechanical pump.

You can buy the springs from air dog to change the pressures on them. So you guys think using the air dog to feed the factory 12v pump is a good idea?

P-pump's are fuel hogs there is no doubt about that. Where an ADII 165 will support 850+ on a common rail, a p-pump will need a 200 gph. You also won't see the pressure drop as bad in a ADII because of the demand flow design. Excessive fuel won't return all the way to the pump it will cycle right in the pump reducing return time. As far as the pressures needed for a 12V we can maintain them just fine.

That makes sense. So what say you about the air dog feeding the factory 12 valve mechanical? Good idea or no point?

No point, different fuel line size too. Not only do you need the pressure but you have to have volume too.

Back