Air Dog--no?

As far as the pressures needed for a 12V we can maintain them just fine.

an AD150 will push 45+ psi? I thought you had to go to the DF series to get over 25ish. I know one of your reps told me the AD series wouldn't do the 65 psi for my application.

Just trying to clarify for my own future purchases.

So will just the stock 12V mechanical work? Or am I going to have to break down and buy something else? I guess what I am asking is does a 24V with a Ppump pull more fuel than a 12V?

Mechanical will hold for a while if its the OEM, if its aftermarket belt driven you will be fine. Ppumps just love fuel at RPM.

Mechanical will hold for a while if its the OEM, if its aftermarket belt driven you will be fine. Ppumps just love fuel at RPM.

This, the Carter mechanical pump on the 96-98 12V's also are better than the early mechanical pumps, I think they were made by delco. OEM pump will support 500hp as long as you don't go turning high rpm.

an AD150 will push 45+ psi? I thought you had to go to the DF series to get over 25ish. I know one of your reps told me the AD series wouldn't do the 65 psi for my application.

Just trying to clarify for my own future purchases.

You will need a ADII DF series pump.

You will need a ADII DF series pump.

that's what I wanted to clarify since the OP said he's currently got an AD100 installed and a new in box AD150 on the shelf, neither of which will provide the pressure he should have for a P-pump, however if you feed the mechanical pump with one I've been told it helps them considerably.

25-30 psi is fine for a p-pump, as long as it maintains that in high rpm. You won't see any more performance at 4k rpm from 25 psi to 50 psi. It starts going under 25 psi, you will see a drop in performance on a p-pump.

I haven't done my pump swap yet. I am still gathering parts but I have a smallish twin setup,200hp sac injectors that I am sending to have set to ppump pressure, cam is on the way, pump will be fairly stock. It's just a street truck no pulling or racing. Mt airdog now is a 100 but I have a 150 pump new in box sitting in the shed. Would I be better selling the air dog and running a stock 12V mechanical pump or what about feeding the stock 12V pump with the air dog? Any point in that or just a dumb idea?

That's what I would do, if my cam had the lobe for a fp it would have a stock one. I'd just use the 100 to feed the stock pump

P-pump's are fuel hogs there is no doubt about that. Where an ADII 165 will support 850+ on a common rail, a p-pump will need a 200 gph. You also won't see the pressure drop as bad in a ADII because of the demand flow design. Excessive fuel won't return all the way to the pump it will cycle right in the pump reducing return time. As far as the pressures needed for a 12V we can maintain them just fine.

My 150 is going bad and will not hold a prime when it's parked overnight, any way I can upgrade to a 200?

CPSimpson No point, different fuel line size too. Not only do you need the pressure but you have to have volume too.

CL2000 Quote:
That's what I would do, if my cam had the lobe for a fp it would have a stock one. I'd just use the 100 to feed the stock pump

Ok My thinking was the air dog feeding the mechanical would prolong the mechanicals life since it isn't having to pull the fuel from the tank. Looking like I may just sell the air dog stuff and go some other route. :bang

I run a AD II 200 on my 12v with a Tork Tek OFV and have no issues with fuel pressure.

Sent from my paperweight

okay - I am running a FAAS 150 on my motor... Colt stage 5 cam, ZZ Fab runner, HX 60 Turbo, 12 mm pump built by NE Diesel, DDP Platinum injectors... I know the 150 pump is to small for the application. I am getting ready to upgrade the fuel delivery system on the truck .... what is the better route. I have been looking at the A1000, Air Dog and a belt drive mechanical. In order use the mechanical I have to change my dampener ( run the ATI fluid damper, bolts stick out so I cannot install the belt adapter for the mechanical). Is the mechanical the best way for this application? Again , have read many threads on this and there are so many different views it has now become a little confusing? Any assistance will greatly be appreciated and yes , I am asking somewhat same question this thread started off with.

Last edited:
Areomotive a1000 with a regulated return system that is boost referenced works great! My altered stayed steady at 52psi thru the traps.

csimpson I have a question, I just installed my 2nd AIRDOG motor on my p-pumped 24v. I have an ADII 165, Could the reason be that I have too small of a motor for the fuel needed. I have a maxed out 215 pump. If so would I just need a motor swap? I also bought the 12v series for the fuel pressure I needed. I sumped the tank hoping it would help but I just installed the new motor less than a month ago and its still sitting getting a tranny build. Thanks man

Last edited:
Yeah Bponci I would like more details on the setup you have if you would be willing to indulge.

Back