airdog blew up??

gododge99

Truck In Shambles
i go to start my truck up and i hear this high pitch whining comming from my airdog i look at my fug and its at 25 psi when normally it sits at 15 at idle so i rev it up a little bit and fp goes to 0 so i shut it off real fast and try to bump it and the airdog wont prime or turn on at all, what happened??? i reset my apps and it did nothing

i would just call airdog tomarrow they have a warranty use it and great customer service

yeah i called pureflow and they wernt there, i left a message so hopefully theyll get back to me in the mornin but i wonder what caused this

maybe the fuse for the airdog is bad do you know if its getting power or not

im not sure if its getting power, i just got mad and walked away from it, i remember when i put it in there was an inline fuse but i couldnt find it hopefully just the fuse blew but im curious as to why it was running full blast at 25 psi at idle

if the truck was running and you shut it off and tried to prime it right afterwards, you won't hear the airdog prime as the system was already primed when the truck was running (hope that makes sense). If i turn my truck off and then try to bump it, you wont hear my fass prime because the system is already primed. Go out there now and turn the key over and see if you hear it come on or try and prime it before starting it. Hopefully it's something small but im sure Anthony will get ya taken care of

the FP went to 0 he said then he turned it off.. i wouldnt think the system would be primed if it was at 0psi when he turned his truck off

I see what your saying, but from running one of the adrenaline tunes that ran my pump dry my fp read 0 also but when i turned the truck off and tried to bump the starter you couldn't hear my fass at all due to the system itself still being primed. After a couple of minutes, as soon as i turned the key over i could hear the fass come on.

your fuel pumps sounds like it just took a crap, under warranty no worrys,

I will see if i still have the wiring diagram on my computer, but there is a way to hardwire the airdog to skip the relay that will get you by, or i've even heard of guys running it like this forever. But wait to talk to 2tone12V on here or just call in the morning. I will look for that wiring diagram

my airdog is not acting right either, not sure whats up yet, but being on my truck under a year, im not happy that the lines are dry rotting.....

Maybe its just me but it seems like checking the basics with a multimeter or test light would at east give you something to talk to pureflow about if not solve the problem without bothering them and wasting time. $.02

i dont wanna completely steal the thread, but, if 2tone12v pops in here id like him to check it out (or if anyone else has some ideas)

flip the key, airdog turns on, sounds like a garbage disposal (as always), gauge reads 18psi after 2 sec, pump shuts off, pressure drops to 0.

start the truck, fuel pressure jumps up to 18 (usually), all is normal.

then the fun starts, driving along, fuel pressure drops to 12psi, then slowly (over ~30 seconds) will climb back to 18psi and stay there for 5-60 seconds, and drop again, and repeat until i shut the truck off.

so this past winter i called pureflow (at the time, fuel pressure would hover between 14 and 16psi), and was told to pull the regulator out of the unit and check for debris, so i did, there wasnt anything hangin it up. I also replaced the regulator in the VP's return, no change.

called pureflow again, and we decided that with 8,000 miles on the unit, it was a good time to change the filter. so i changed the filter and cleaned the water seperator. this improved fuel pressure, but it still did the up and drop thing, just at this time from 18 to 16 (instead of 16 to 14).

now i dont drive my truck much in the winter, ive put tops, 1500 miles on it since if changed it, and its getting worse, but im still keeping 18psi for the high, so im ruling out the filter this go around.

the only other thing im noticing is the pump goes from back and forth from sounding like a garbage disposal to silent (the only other time its silent is after ive had something apart and theres air in the fuel line, i dont know why)

nothing is leaking, but the 1/2" blue lines are dry rotting around where they are stretched over the push lock fittings.

sorry for the long post, thanks if anyone can help

Mine does the same thing Ryan.....only my pressures range from 15 the lowest when it drops to 20 the highest where it peaks.

Slowly climbs back when it drops back and does this off on between 2# or more......drove me insane and even stayed on the phone with Toby for awhile trying to figure it out. Thats what it is supposed to do.....builds pressure then drops and keeps doing it.....I DON'T KNOW!!

Try and feel the return line when it makes the garbage disposal line can you feel it pulsating when it does it.....thats what mine does. Gave up on the dang thing and been runnin it for a few months now and hasn't crapped on me yet!

Noticed though on long trips......250 plus miles or so it holds steady bring the reps back down for a turn or stop then it goes back to doing what its doing again........

im thinking about trying running the hot wire directly from the battery as some recommend for the fass

What is the deal with the dry rotting lines, FASS and Air Dog both use the same blue hose and it dry rots fast.

Spend 500.00 on a fuel pump and have crap for fuel lines. If it is doing it on the out is it doing it on the in.

Back