Albany-what makes a good race great?

Ty, if it makes a dfference If I have a huge lead on someone when bracket racing I do the same thing that guy did to you. I start thinking maybe I'm running fast than I have, or why breakout when I have such a lead.

part of the knowledge of racing. I wouldn't have thought to do something like that but, now I know :eek:wned:

Ty, some folks also intentionally dial 2 tenths slow and "dump" their opponent...forcing a breakout as well.

that is my goal. 12.6 was my best run. Just getting rid of the 37's would probably put me in the high 11's but, I'd really like to do it as the truck sits :woohoo:

13 is what I typically dial in.
You were making some good MPH 89.**. If you can get your 60's down you'll be pretty quick. Just my $.02. Thanks Steve B.

Thats whats cool about this site. You learn about racing.....not how to change your oil. LOL

since I want to be more serious about it and think my truck can handle it.... I'll have to work on the head games and trickery. I was just always happy to be playing with the big boys and that my big tank made it down the track.

You were making some good MPH 89.**. If you can get your 60's down you'll be pretty quick. Just my $.02. Thanks Steve B.

It may be hard to get it down more than a tenth or so with those big tires, but I'd think .15 is doable.

It may be hard to get it down more than a tenth or so with those big tires, but I'd think .15 is doable.

.15's off my 60's would give me .3 in the 1/4 mi. But that maybe just the way it effects my truck. Thanks Steve B.

.15's off my 60's would give me .3 in the 1/4 mi. But that maybe just the way it effects my truck. Thanks Steve B.

Right, I'm thinking he can get down to a 1.75ish 60 or so.

Right, I'm thinking he can get down to a 1.75ish 60 or so.

You're probably right but, I was just sent something that may just make it 1.7 :evil! That is if my tranny will hold. It sure doesn't help trying to turn the 37's.

If I'm able and everything stays tight... you may see some QD runs in KY on the 37's.

Ty, did you have a good time at Albany ? A lot of tracks are not as "diesel friendly", as US19 is.

Ty, did you have a good time at Albany ? A lot of tracks are not as "diesel friendly", as US19 is.

yeah, I had a great time. I agree, I've been to a few tracks that don't care for our smoke... Commerce being one.

Phil, I'd love too. When I can get a trailer to carry and store everything I'll be able too. I'm poking around in hope of maybe getting some one to sponsor one for me among other things :)

btw.... my best 60' there was 1.75 so, I'm not far from going lower.

sorry doods, I didn't mean for this thread to be about me. Your help is greatly appreciated though !! :Cheer:

Ty,

Just remember the key to drag racing, as long as your are in a class you can be competitive in, is the tree!!:tree: That is unless your name begins with "P":hehe:

You should expect to never win a race with competitive racers with a R/T greater than 0.100:doh::poke:

Try this:

Spend some time at the track during a Test&Tune working on getting the truck to run consistant times. Don't worry about the tree, don't worry about the guy in the other lane. Work on finding the "sweet spot" for a good stage, launch and pass. Learn what that is and how to get there consistantly.

Then the next time at a Test&Tune, work soley on your R/T. You should now know the best and most consistant way to stage the truck from your last time at the track and shouldn't have to think about it. But remember, this time you are only working on R/T. Don't worry if it's a bad pass or not, just the R/T.

At the next Test&Tune, work on putting the two together:evil

Good Race Great: Everything clicked, Albany was the coolest day at the track I can remember. Even after gallons of green stuff from the 300' mark to the finish line and a 2 hour clean up, the track was still happy to have us there, after timeless hours of everyone dogging Tim out he still did a great job on the mic (a good announcer really sets the atmosphere for an event). Great job by the promoters and sanctioning body. And competitors that love the sport, like the Taylor/Garmon race where Phil lost by 1/100th both guys thought that was the coolest race ever. The Vette vs Matt run was awesome and the Garmon/Taylor "wife ride" was funny as anything I have ever seen.

Ty,

Just remember the key to drag racing, as long as your are in a class you can be competitive in, is the tree!!:tree: That is unless your name begins with "P":hehe:

You should expect to never win a race with competitive racers with a R/T greater than 0.100:doh::poke:

Try this:

Spend some time at the track during a Test&Tune working on getting the truck to run consistant times. Don't worry about the tree, don't worry about the guy in the other lane. Work on finding the "sweet spot" for a good stage, launch and pass. Learn what that is and how to get there consistantly.

Then the next time at a Test&Tune, work soley on your R/T. You should now know the best and most consistant way to stage the truck from your last time at the track and shouldn't have to think about it. But remember, this time you are only working on R/T. Don't worry if it's a bad pass or not, just the R/T.

I like this... I'm going to print it and stare at it while I try and put these two together lol. Tomorrow is the opening day for Street Legal Drags at Infineon (formerly Sears Point) Raceway. I live 15 minutes from there, and God knows I need all the practice I can get.

Ty,

Try this:

Thanks Greg... some info to take to the bank ! I've never really practiced... just showed up and ran. Tracks are few and far between where I live so I don't get the chance. I've gotten a lot better though.

These were all my R/T's from that day... not the .100 you mentioned but, not so bad. I could use some improvement for sure but, I need my truck faster too !

wouldn't you know my final race to see whether I stayed or went was my worst R/T

Was this on a .000 Tree? I've never quite understood why or how there are three kinds of trees. And maybe I'm misunderstanding, but aren't there .500, .400 and .000 ?? What's the theory or logic behind this. And why is it that sometimes, I swear the lights run down the tree faster than other times. Sorry to hijack this...

Back