Almost there but not quite

94 12valve

Kingpin
Hit the rollers again today at mid atlantic diesel ( thanks Lloyd:rockwoot:) to see where I was at. I would like to hit 600 rwhp and I think I have the set up to do it, i just need to work out the bugs.

As of now here is what I have

SDX 5x16's set @ 280 bar
Scheid diesel 12mm 911 pump set at 550cc
PDI's t4 manifold
Ported and polished head
HD cams big stick, pushrods, and valve springs
air dogg 150
ED's modded s465

I made 3 pulls each with a different plate setting. My first pull was set at 450cc's ( 545hp, 1013 torque), second at 500cc (572hp, 1077 torque), and last was 550cc( 585, 1102 torque).

My dyno sheets are all below and I will post a vid later. I would like some opinions on the hp curve. It fuels hard till 2800 then flat lines but holds the power for another 600 rpm till lloyd let off. I'm thinking my afc may be leaking or has a small hole in it?

here are the sheets

Attachments

• dyno4.jpg
    dyno4.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 35
  • dyno5.jpg
    dyno5.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 23
  • dyno6.jpg
    dyno6.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 41
forgot to add boost and drive numbers

1st run boost 40 psi drive 60
2nd run boost 50 psi drive 70
3rd run boost 50 psi drive 70

Is the supply pressure staying when you reach that rpm?

I have not checked fuel press since I put the air dogg on. Hopefully I will get the guage riged up tomorrow. The truck did not miss or stumble after it flat lined, just felt like it hit a brick wall. I'm trying to upload the vids but I have dial up and its gonna take a few hours.

I have the 30psi spring in the air dogg now, do you think I should upgrade to the 40 psi spring?

550 cc's and a 5x16 injector is a *hit ton of fuel so that is a non-issue, fuels pressure like Chris said, an S-400 is not a dyno turbo, you need to be on top of it before 2500 to smack a good number, racing and pulling this goes out of the window as that turbo will more some air on top. Even with extensive pump tuning knowledge you could spend a half of a day tuning it on the street.

Jim

whats your timing at? it could be just running out because of the higher rpm and not enough timing! i gained about 40hp by bumping my timing from 20 to 26. i would go with the 40psi spring. just my thoughts

what gov springs do you have in it? maybe you need to step them up. the other thing is do you have it waste gated to only running 50psi max boost? you might want to bump the waste gate pressure up some. if not waste gated it might be the exhaust housing restricting flow. external waste gate might help with that and keep the drive pressure down.

550 cc's and a 5x16 injector is a *hit ton of fuel so that is a non-issue, fuels pressure like Chris said, an S-400 is not a dyno turbo, you need to be on top of it before 2500 to smack a good number, racing and pulling this goes out of the window as that turbo will more some air on top. Even with extensive pump tuning knowledge you could spend a half of a day tuning it on the street.

Jim

jim,

Thank you for the informed reply. I know 550 cc is a ton of fuel and an s400 is not the best dyno charger, but I still think I should be able to hit 600.My old 175 hp pump would do the same thing come on strong and hit the 2800 rpm brick wall. I always thought it was my gov springs assumeing the air dogg 150 was supplying enough fuel.

whats your timing at? it could be just running out because of the higher rpm and not enough timing! i gained about 40hp by bumping my timing from 20 to 26. i would go with the 40psi spring. just my thoughts

My timing is set at 30* right now because that is what I am going to run while sled pulling. It spools the charger slower than the last time I was on the dyno with my 175 hp ppump set at 22.5.

what gov springs do you have in it? maybe you need to step them up. the other thing is do you have it waste gated to only running 50psi max boost? you might want to bump the waste gate pressure up some. if not waste gated it might be the exhaust housing restricting flow. external waste gate might help with that and keep the drive pressure down.

I have scheid 5k springs in the pump now, my charger is non wastegated. I have an external gate ready to go but is 20 psi drive over boost really hurting me that badly? I know ideal is 1 to 1

the fact that it seems you boost leveled off at 50 psi for run 2 and 3 but the drive pressure went up another 10 psi shows me that its hurting the flow thru the engine.

Real similar to mine as far as set up and numbers. Same thing with the power curve. I did have two clicks out of the gov springs from where I pull it when it was on the dyno. Drive pressure will make a difference. I'm going to have a waste gate for this year.

Real similar to mine as far as set up and numbers. Same thing with the power curve. I did have two clicks out of the gov springs from where I pull it when it was on the dyno. Drive pressure will make a difference. I'm going to have a waste gate for this year.

So yours peaked and flat lined like mine did?

I bought the pump off of GOT-TORQUE on here, when the pump was on his truck it fueled to 4700 rpm.

Jim

i run at least 550cc's of fuel and a 7 hole injector that flows 72lpm (lph?? not sure if its minute or hour they rate them by) with an S400 thats quite a bit larger than dave's and i was able to lay down 718 on fuel where my peak power was at about 3200 rpms. we made the same torque due to his hp peaking a lot lower than mine.

i def think those full cuts need to come out for some 191's, i ran the full cuts when i had that s465 and it felt like it was choking on top, the 191's seemed to let it run better up top.

i run at least 550cc's of fuel and a 7 hole injector that flows 72lpm (lph?? not sure if its minute or hour they rate them by) with an S400 thats quite a bit larger than dave's and i was able to lay down 718 on fuel where my peak power was at about 3200 rpms. we made the same torque due to his hp peaking a lot lower than mine.

i def think those full cuts need to come out for some 191's, i ran the full cuts when i had that s465 and it felt like it was choking on top, the 191's seemed to let it run better up top.

I used to have a set of 191's:hehe:, I'll have to try another set and hey maybe I'll stop catching lloyds towels on fireLOL

you offered to trade, if i can put full cuts back in, its just gonna keep the EGT's down a little more with more fuel LOL

So yours peaked and flat lined like mine did?

I bought the pump off of GOT-TORQUE on here, when the pump was on his truck it fueled to 4700 rpm.

Mine peaked and dropped off. After the dyno I swapped out the full cuts for 191's. I want to get back on the dyno once I get everything done. Full cuts to 191's, two or three clicks back in the 5k gov springs and a waste gate. The dyno sheet is too big for an attachment. I have it posted somewhere, just need to find it.

Back