another cummins manifold

SmokeN 12 ValvE

Diesel Enthusiast
http://www.steedspeed.com/cummins_diesel_header

cummins_componenets_032.277201455_std.jpg

how much and when can i have one - lol
dam thats purdy - how has the testing gone?

How will this one not crack? being that it is a one piece design like the factory manifold.

thats one of the worst manifolds ive seen, talk about reinventing the wheel.

and the way the center 2 cylinders ties in...looks cheesy. like an after thought

and the way the center 2 cylinders ties in...looks cheesy. like an after thought

its how the stainless diesel one is cast, at least i think it was them.

the stainlessdiesel one is the same stuff as htt ss and the center is t4 one the inside seen it in person at schide

I was unaware you had entered the exhaust manifold design profession. Tell you what, why don't you give them a call and let them know all the things they are doing wrong.

I like the design of the flow, but I too am wondering how it will keep from atleast warping. I'm sure cracking wouldn't be a big issue since it isn't cast, but with as much heat that will probably be going through it, I don't see how it can't warp. My stocker got hot enough and shrunk so much that is bloke the #6 manifold bolts off clean with the head. luckily they screwed right out by hand.

I personally like the looks of the design and think it will work well, being that its CNC from Stainless rather than a cast pour I think that should keep it from cracking or distorting. Although after recieving this new SS 3rd gen manifold from HTT I dont think flow could get much better, this thing will flow at least 50% more volume than the 3 piece 12v manifold I had on it before, and at over 6 lbs heavier than the other piece. Ryan
Cast Iron just wont get it done in a super high load or race condition Cummins

I like the design of the flow, but I too am wondering how it will keep from atleast warping. I'm sure cracking wouldn't be a big issue since it isn't cast, but with as much heat that will probably be going through it, I don't see how it can't warp. My stocker got hot enough and shrunk so much that is bloke the #6 manifold bolts off clean with the head. luckily they screwed right out by hand.

Warping for sure . The stainless Diesel.com manifold is the same stainless mix as HTT and made at the same place . The manifold has been in testing for 5 mo. On the dyno and on the track . On the dyno a non ported stainless diesel manifold made 20hp more with 10 lbs less drive press. than an ATS manifold with monster pump mikes CNC and ported center in it. On a well known dyno in munice IN.

I was unaware you had entered the exhaust manifold design profession. Tell you what, why don't you give them a call and let them know all the things they are doing wrong.

if you dont like what i have to say, leave the forum again. simple enough.

:blahblah1:

From manufacturer....
Manifold is 1018 mild steel.
It is under warranty as long as you own it.
Price, unknown
Details after dyno on the 17th.

Back