Another oil thread! Geared toward street 2.5 truck

Is that every 2 pulls because it is still street driven, or just every 2 pulls?

2-4 Hooks. Not just because you are driving it. Below it looks like zstroken did his home work and he came out at 5. So like I said on an average 2-4 pulls (hooks) you need to change it. Also will depend on how fresh your engine is. As the engine wears you will have more soot, and fuel dilution. If your driving it too, that throws a wrench into it. Depending on how many miles you put on it, and what you did with it determines when to change. If your pulling it on a weekend, probably figure your going to be going through 2.5 gallons of oil. If going to roll coal all the damn time on the street, and pull trailers and heavy loads, your going find that you need to change it sooner. Spend the money to have an oil analysis done. It will help figure out your exact needs. Otherwise be conservative on oil change intervals.

I did oil analysis for a few years on my puller. I had 6x.021 injectors in it with a 13mm pump. Truck got warmed up before each hook. Fuel dilution picked up about about 2% every hook. So I change mine at 5 hooks.

Where would one send oil in for analysis? I highly doubt Anyone does it locally in the buffalo/Rochester, ny area.

Back