Antrim Diesel Dyno Day/Open House May 12th 2012

The ENTIRE Antirm Diesel Crew needs to have a HUGE THANK YOU sent their way on a show that was ran very efficently.The amount of both Class 8 rigs and Pick-Ups was amazing and they were ran in and out of both bays with little or no delay.The Class 8 Taylor Dyno and the Mustang 1750 Duall Eddy got their workouts and some went home happy and some were not.In the end a GREAT time was had by all and the amount of power made during the day was amazing.

My personal thoughts about the day.....
I sat all day long and listened to many unhappy pick-up owners quibbling about how the Mustang Dyno was "not reading correctly" and their respective numbers were low.Having sat all day in the heat I knew the air was not going to be favorable for making big power.Watching on my weather station showed conditions were far off the killer air(below sea level)I had at last years DGR Fall Brawl event and the air was actually showing above sea level.Knowing what I seen on my station I made a small adjustment to my Smarty for the bad air and took some off the top hoping just to slip into the mid 7's for power.

When Timebomb made the first pull and told me what the number was I asked him if he read it correctly to which he assured me he did.879hp/1702tq with the S06 set down to level 7 even suprised me and it swatted 118lbs of bosst on the run as I watched it to see what we would make.We never shot it with spray at all as this was a "#2 Fuel Only" event and I want to save my nitrous bullets for the rest of the seasons competitions.This was the best run the truck has made since Jessey and I have bought it and I wish we had the fall killer air to really see what we have.The run also kinda quieted the naysayers about the dyno reading low as it showed very clearly the numbers were dead on.

Anyway,I as my learning curve gets better with these computer scooters I feel it should only get better.Sometimes less equals more and in bad air is showed me that I need to spend more time tuning to current weather and not just ramping numbers up hoping for a number.I know there is way more in my SSR if I can get the rattle out of and make it smooth enough that it doesn;t sound like its beating apart inside with a sledge hammer.Its time to schedule some 1 on 1 time with the Mustang and make some tuning adjustments.

What I did learn was even us small diesel owners can impress the Class 8 gang as I had many stop by to chat about the truck after our roll.I also realized that Richard is still a kid at heart and its a real good thing Johnnie's drag truck has good brakes,LOL(that poor test track out front took a beating after the burnout contest).Single Axle dump trucks from CT are not,REPEAT,NOT to be messed with after seeing the burnouts done with one(however a built motor and compound turbos help power a bit,LOL).

The place was packed all day long and this is a show everyone should mark in their books to attend.THANKS ANTRIM For one FANTASTIC show!!!!!!!!.......Andy

High number for Class 8 rigs was in the 1500's somewhere and I did not see a board with a list for them and I did not keep up other that what was announced.

Didn't realize you have became such a billy big-rigger Loren.

Ill get the Big Rig Numbers for everyone later today.

I was hopen the Volvo wouldnt spin on the rollers but it did. No matter really, they will only run a single axle to the max rating of one roller on the Taylor and thats 1000. Any more and it could cause issues with the dyno.

Also a big congrats to Comp D member Rebel127 for bustin over 1000hp with a single axle Detroit Powered Dump Truck !!!

We actually have a few of the videos from his burnouts with the little dump truck and a couple of others.I will work on getting them loaded to You Tube today and links posted.

Also a big congrats to Comp D member Rebel127 for bustin over 1000hp with a single axle Detroit Powered Dump Truck !!![/QUOTE]

Thanks after blowing it up last year on the dyno the night before the races at mason dixon i didnt want to put any more to it than the program i ran on the street but with the big inj's and so on it suprised me!!

High number for Class 8 rigs was in the 1500's somewhere and I did not see a board with a list for them and I did not keep up other that what was announced.

Didn't realize you have became such a billy big-rigger Loren.

I always have been you just never met me in the right place to see it show. Maybe next year I'll make it to Antrim with my Pete.

Yea, that thing was insane, huge twin turbo's and it completly blacked out the dyno room with smoke. The driver wouldn't give me any specs on it (lame) but it was flat out impressive. He sprayed it but mid-run the chip shut off so he didnt hit the numbers he was hoping for. There were only two trucks that had major power, my brother took 4th place with his VP truck and third place was a VP truck as well!

Nice. Wonder if he is a member anyhere? I can take a good educated guess on Whats done, except specs on turbo's.

That Ford really was not that impressive.
We have had guys with single chargers make more that him on fuel with 7.3's at our clubs dyno events.Dockboy and Thuglike both have went well into the high 6's on single charger street driven rides and Thuggy's "Urban Legend Killer" has made me eat BBQ'd crow on more than one occasion.Yep,that Ford made lots of smoke,had lots of excuses why it didn't perform to his over 700 on fuel and 1000 on spray bragging he was doing while sitting in the lot to all who questioned him.The chargers that were on that truck were big,but,after seeing my boost gauge swing past 100psi on my runs I can attest it was not a dyno issue that didn't get them lit.It did make me wonder since he was from up the river what pulling association he runs with that allows twins and giggle gas.

Loren...
Ah the beat of someone who is so young in the trucking industry.Remember that chrome doesn't get you home nor does it fill your bank account.Peterbilts are a dime a dozen and look nice parked in lots and at dealers,but,I have ZERO interest in the small paychecks and long hours that are associated with wheeling one.

I couldn't really care about chrome either. Its all in whether I beat you to the top of the hill. haha

For those wondering the winners are determined by HP per cubic inch and not overall HP. The list is supossed to be e mailed to me very soon.

Yep, that # sucked, he should be 800 on fuel. turbo's didn't lite? Only way 4 chip to shut off is if it gets unplugged? Def. full of excuses!

For those wondering the winners are determined by HP per cubic inch and not overall HP. The list is supossed to be e mailed to me very soon.

I think the top place stands this year though, Kurt was at almost 97hp/liter, and I think the next one down was 95hp/liter. It was definitely close, unless I missed some other numbers.

I still think its awesome that someone busted 1500hp with a single charger only on fuel, there are guys running compounds that aren't seeing those numbers.

That Ford really was not that impressive.
We have had guys with single chargers make more that him on fuel with 7.3's at our clubs dyno events.Dockboy and Thuglike both have went well into the high 6's on single charger street driven rides and Thuggy's "Urban Legend Killer" has made me eat BBQ'd crow on more than one occasion.Yep,that Ford made lots of smoke,had lots of excuses why it didn't perform to his over 700 on fuel and 1000 on spray bragging he was doing while sitting in the lot to all who questioned him.The chargers that were on that truck were big,but,after seeing my boost gauge swing past 100psi on my runs I can attest it was not a dyno issue that didn't get them lit.It did make me wonder since he was from up the river what pulling association he runs with that allows twins and giggle gas.

Loren...
Ah the beat of someone who is so young in the trucking industry.Remember that chrome doesn't get you home nor does it fill your bank account.Peterbilts are a dime a dozen and look nice parked in lots and at dealers,but,I have ZERO interest in the small paychecks and long hours that are associated with wheeling one.

Listen here fatboy, I did not talk to anyone about any numbers at all. Never opened my mouth to anybody, so i am not real sure what your talking about. And for the chip shutting down on the dyno.. Ask the guy that ran the truck on the dyno. My DP tuner just completely shut down on the nitrous run and reverted back to OEM PCM tunes.

That was me NRHX2009 on PSN. And i had/have no excuses for anything

That's just what someone had told me, I didn't hear it directly from you.... It didn't sound like it was running right on the dyno, it seemed to be missing while revving up. BTW, I'm the guy that asked you what the specs were on the big turbo just as you were getting ready to dyno.

That's just what someone had told me, I didn't hear it directly from you.... It didn't sound like it was running right on the dyno, it seemed to be missing while revving up. BTW, I'm the guy that asked you what the specs were on the big turbo just as you were getting ready to dyno.

Cool, i remember. I just dont like to really talk much about my truck. Most of that noise was the wastegate, that is not plumbed up to my exhaust, so when it pops off it is really loud and obnoxious.

Cool, i remember. I just dont like to really talk much about my truck. Most of that noise was the wastegate, that is not plumbed up to my exhaust, so when it pops off it is really loud and obnoxious.

Ok, I can sort of understand why you didn't want to share specs, the guy who pissed me off was the guy with the low 500s horsepower 12 valve who acted all secretive about his mods.

Back