Any expected PPL rule changes for 2017

When has PPL ever helped local pulling?? Or any national org for that matter?? evertime PPL picks up a class around here or locals adopt PPl rules the class dies at a local level

When has PPL ever helped local pulling?? Or any national org for that matter?? evertime PPL picks up a class around here or locals adopt PPl rules the class dies at a local level

Your exactly right, cotpc has been down on number as well as bob. And it sucks for wanting to run a few brush pulls because your almost dedicated to running a sanctioned event. I didn't see one brush pull this year that had any LPS rules. Or ODL

2.6 smooth is a good direction IMO, takes a lot of phuckery out of the turbo manipulation. As for the powr level I think itll be good, **** in current form, for BOB, I hear engine numbers from Obryant on his 2.5 stuff higher than current 3.0 smooth numbers!! 2.8 is to close, want 2.8 power...Man up 3.0 is right there!!

The only good thing about new rules, is with new chassis setups (2.5/2.6smoothbore) trucks will have to actually buy a 3.0 smoothbore and swap after there hook before taking home some of there money from them. Thank you guys for helping with are rules your gonna love them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The 2.6 smooth bore class need to be a entry level class and stay that way. No big rear ends. Keep a turbo rule for x amount of years, years not year. It's B's that a turbo change every year. I've been helping and building my buddies truck this year and now that he has spent the money on a good 2.5 charger boom rule change turbo isn't allowed and now he will have to either stay local and pull with his 2.5 or spend more money on yet another charger to hook. But hey I'm just here for the ride and beer.

2.6 smooth is a good direction IMO, takes a lot of phuckery out of the turbo manipulation. As for the powr level I think itll be good, **** in current form, for BOB, I hear engine numbers from Obryant on his 2.5 stuff higher than current 3.0 smooth numbers!! 2.8 is to close, want 2.8 power...Man up 3.0 is right there!!

i agree with most of this, but there is a solid 200hp difference. costs alot to make up the difference between the two. if it was that easy to make those numbers i wouldnt be into my build as much as i am and have been back on the track 2years ago.

as for everyone else. we all knew it was a matter of time. the positive i see from this is uniform. itll just take a few years and by then odl will need to happen for this class.

i agree with most of this, but there is a solid 200hp difference. costs alot to make up the difference between the two. if it was that easy to make those numbers i wouldnt be into my build as much as i am and have been back on the track 2years ago.

as for everyone else. we all knew it was a matter of time. the positive i see from this is uniform. itll just take a few years and by then odl will need to happen for this class.

Are you saying by the time you finish your truck it will be a w.s puller?:lolly:

It is silly that the rules get changed for the what the members want, instead of leaving the rules alone and have the members change classes to fit their needs. Too many classes that are very similar doesn't do the sport any good. For example, why have two open drive line classes with the difference being 200 pounds in weight, bed floor or not, and a turbo change? Ridiculous.

After reading these posts every year a rule change but yet every different sanction has their own set of rules has made pulling no longer a hobby,way tooo expensive for a guy that has a normal job & family.The best thing I did was selling it & just go & watch now-tooo f'n expensive.Run what you brung is a more fun class to watch.:rules:

I can only hope, i'll even let you tighten some bolts on it, so when it beats you in 2042, you can say you technically didnt get beat. :poke:

I won't be running w.s by the time you get your truck done, I will have advanced to super light limited restricted small tire 2.7637281 smooth bore diesel trucks. So you won't have to worry about spending your life savings trying to beat me.

I won't be running w.s by the time you get your truck done, I will have advanced to super light limited restricted small tire 2.7637281 smooth bore diesel trucks. So you won't have to worry about spending your life savings trying to beat me.

Its funny because that is where its heading!! :clap:

Back