anyone else ever not liked their smarty?

Just a question.... When on vacation can you read the forum and not post....

or are you like really on vacation?

You may be able to view, but you cant post.

basically you're on the outside looking in,:shake: at the party goin on.....:shake:

this is like the first ever compd ban, makes me even more proud to be a member. dont get carried away though lary...oops i mean tim!! just kiddin buddy!! LOL LOL LOL

Bob Wagner said:
Wade you don't even own a smarty :eek:wned: and you choose to piss me off

i still own a smarty how come i cant get any help? just because wade angers you doesnt mean forget about the person in the company that owns a smarty. and to tell you the truth no one has really been "owned" here.

Bob Wagner said:
Robert, How can I help YOU? Thanks

bob i would like to try your beta program for my 05.5 six speed. thats all i ask. something with some decent power and a linier fuel pedal. smoke doesnt bother me at all. also if at all possible the top speed limiter is a pain in the but for me. just send me a program that only works on the 600 engines, or one for a six speed, that way it only benifets me.

also just to put things out in the open i have never had any problems with the smarty on my truck. i still have my stock ECM. i even ran the BDTD before i had the smarty. but still no issues at all.

thanks for the responce Bob.

Robertp said:
also just to put things out in the open i have never had any problems with the smarty on my truck. i still have my stock ECM. i even ran the BDTD before i had the smarty. but still no issues at all.

thanks for the responce Bob.

Question: is this a common issue for most of the tunable custom downloaders out there? I guess what I am asking is "Does the Bully Dog Tripple Dog" footprint being in a trucks ECM have regular side effects when another brand of tuner or software is installed. Had an SCT Customer have ECM malfunction after loading on top of BDTB4B tune

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it's the second time I've seen a comment like that.

JacktheBear3 said:
Question: is this a common issue for most of the tunable custom downloaders out there? I guess what I am asking is "Does the Bully Dog Tripple Dog" footprint being in a trucks ECM have regular side effects when another brand of tuner or software is installed. Had an SCT Customer have ECM malfunction after loading on top of BDTB4B tune

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it's the second time I've seen a comment like that.

yes programmers leave there own version of a stock program. there is always that unknown with a programmer. some people have issues some dont. i guess its luck of the draw with them. i am a firm believer that once you have found a programmer that you like stick with it. thats why when the smarty made my truck feel ten times better than the bully dog, i sold the BBTD and bought a smarty. and nothing else has been on it.

Last edited:
Robertp said:
yes programmers leave there own version of a stock program. there is always that unknown with a programmer. some people have issues some dont. i guess its luck of the draw with them. i am a firm believer that once you have found a programmer that you like stick with it.

Smarty does not leave any generic software when returned to stock.

Smarty will only update the latest version of software of what smarty was able to verify and communicate with

That is why we do not accept the bogus brazilain code left when some other downloader's returned those trucks back to and should have been stock software.

MADS does not offer the "try before you buy" because the othe company is taking you stock software program and rewriting the own version when the trial version expires.

That is unethical!

Robert, You are asking for a custom tune for your truck and I am not willing to agree to that right now.

sorry

Bob Wagner said:
That is why we do not accept the bogus brazilain code left when some other downloader's returned those trucks back to and should have been stock software.

So BOB: Are you saying that if I owned an unethical tuner and then bought a smarty, I could have issues Installing the smarty ?

And the reason being would be because the smarty does not recognize the software as being "Genuine". This would clear some issues up I have had in the past when installing these units.

JacktheBear3 said:
So BOB: Are you saying that if I owned an unethical tuner and then bought a smarty, I could have issues Installing the smarty ?

And the reason being would be because the smarty does not recognize the software as being "Genuine". This would clear some issues up I have had in the past when installing these units.

Yes that is correct. and Marco has offered a recovery software for free as a courtesy to fix their software error's

smarty would always say "unknown software"

Bob Wagner said:
Yes that is correct. and Marco has offered a recovery software for free as a courtesy to fix their software error's

Bob, I thank you for that bit of information... you will save me some embarassment with that.

There are lots of guys working their way up through the ranks of power adders and will eventually try your stuff..... I wish there was a way to be ahead of the failure so to speak.
:Cheer:

first thing i bought was my smarty, had the throttle issues which i am going to relate to the smarty/trans combo mixed together. then i tried a ds predator, contrary to what anyone (wade) says, it did NOT fry my ecm when i went back to my smarty. it did clear my key counts however, which around here is the first thing checked at the dealership. i have never tried the bddl, but from what i understand from friends that have them, they work, or your truck wont start. no middle at all. i also read somewhere that a guy bought a new truck, like 20 miles later something went wrong with it, took it back to the stealership, and someone had tried before they bought (the truck and bddl) on it while it was on a test drive, then took it back to stock and returned the truck. the dealer was nice enough to give the guy a new truck. or some type of deal they made with him. thats a bully dog/warranty testament, they dont work together. bob, did you get the email i sent you last week about the vp smarty?

Bob Wagner said:

Bob if the recovery file is free, and i suspect i have a falty DL, how do i go about getting the file to clear my ecm?

thanks
Dani

Robert, the thing (IMO) about the limiter on the G56s is that in MY truck I run out of gear. I dont know that they have a speed limiter so to speak but I know at about 112 my tach is burried. Unil we can get some more rpms I think we are stuck.

And I love, love, love my smarty. It may very well be the best thing I have ever done on my truck.

Wow, Ive been reading this for a while since i was considering a smarty. But it looks like I might be better with something else.

Back