anyone have a single s400 and drive on the street

Yeah i had a truck with a built 12valve it had an s400 as a single and had 5x18 injectors in it and it ran like crap on the street. The turbo wouldnt light till about 50mph or about 3000rpm. The whole time you drive around the charger isnt lit. Very laggy and not responsive.

well it didnt run hot becasue there were no rpms. They would creap up to around 1200 or so and about that time the charger would lite and off you would go. As long as you dont try to accelerate it wont smoke but if you did accelerate then it smoked as long as you wanted to try and hold the wheel. Ran like a crazy ape from 50mph and up

Weston (Smokem on here) has some S400's with small turbine wheels and housings that should be pretty good on the street IMO. Maybe see if he will hop on over to this thread...

I'm looking for a charger that I can run in the 2.8 class and be able to drive on the street on the weekends without runnin twins I guess I can keep dreamin lol

Well you should check out the K31 that industrial has. They have one for the T4 and with a 2.8. Its suppose to be one bad mother.

Get a 2.8 s400 and order the appropriate turbine housing. A5k would probably be the most street friendly.

I have a little S400 I would be willing to sell if someone was interested, I still need a rebuild but it still in good condition. I could measure it out if you needed.

I'm thinkin about just goin with the ats 5k, I guess I'll just have to port the stock manifold the best I can to mach the head and do the same to the turbine housing inlet when I get it. Or does anyone know if ats would make a special 5k with a t4 inlet?

or I may go with that k31 what do yall recomend?

Last edited:
I am also curious about this. I am interested in the 2.8 charger but with a smaller housing than what i have now. ATS told me they thought the 5k would be too laggy but it has the same size compressor with a tighter housing than mine so it would have to be better spoolup than what i got. My hx50 starts about 1750 and ripping at 2100 r's. This is not to bad but i would like to have better. Tim

Back