anyone have a single s400 and drive on the street

The A5K and the K31 are very similar. Mine has the tight T-4 on it like II's does, so a bigfoot manifold or an adapter I have and your running.

Carfichris, you say you are running the t4 flange that is a tight housing. I was wondering if this would be smaller than the 17cm that my 50 has because i run a scheid t4 adapter with this turbo. Tim

Having run both a 2.8X3.2" S400 and a K31/ Aurora 5K I can say the Aurora is a much better street charger. The S400 might have a slight advantage on the pulling track, but it is very little 50hp max on a 800+fwhp truck. If this truck is actually your driver I would go with the 5K, if you get beat on the pulling track there is no doubt you would beat them on the street in a race because of the less lag. 50hp won't catch a 2 second head start. :)

KTA-Cummins

I was hoping that might be the answer i would get about the 5k. I called ATS and they didn't reccomend it for a 5 speed 12 valve. This truck is my daily driver and im not lokking for perfect, just the best that other people have tried. I dont want to hijack a thread, but i have been researching this for a long tim. Tim

The turbo looks good. I read though the link and was wondering also about the wastegate setup. What about the compressor outlet? what do you need to hook it up to the cold air tube? Basically this is the same thing as the 5k except that the 5k bolts to the t3 or factory dodge manifold. I also see that the exhaust outlet does not look like a hx40 downpipe. Would this thing be good with my setup after i change to the 5000 gsk? I know this is alot of questions, but hopefully will also help others out. Thanks in advance, Tim

Last edited:
I run a S400 and it spools just as good as a 64/14 ,, lights under 2000 rpms although I run a smaller inducer than the 2.8 and I run a 16 cm turbine housing , A5K/K31 is a very good charger ,, from my understanding it uses a smaller shaft witch also helps on spool up and ATS has a few housing to choose from..

I'm thinkin about just goin with the ats 5k, I guess I'll just have to port the stock manifold the best I can to mach the head and do the same to the turbine housing inlet when I get it. Or does anyone know if ats would make a special 5k with a t4 inlet?

or I may go with that k31 what do yall recomend?

Ok a A5K is a K31 it is the same turbo, and do not port your stock manifold are you serious???? if you need the adapter just call KEATING...

The turbo looks good. I read though the link and was wondering also about the wastegate setup. What about the compressor outlet? what do you need to hook it up to the cold air tube? Basically this is the same thing as the 5k except that the 5k bolts to the t3 or factory dodge manifold. I also see that the exhaust outlet does not look like a hx40 downpipe. Would this thing be good with my setup after i change to the 5000 gsk? I know this is alot of questions, but hopefully will also help others out. Thanks in advance, Tim

It is a great turbo especially for the $$. It should run strong after you spring the pump, but your gonna want to consider running a wastegate. It has a non wastegated housing on it as you can see. The plan was to run it with a Bigfoot manifold and then a spacer (T4-T4) I made for the external gate and street drive it. The spacer plumbs to a 50mm gate and then back to the downpipe. Its not an HX40 outlet, there is a flange from the housing to 4", but no downpipe as of yet. We were still debating to run the manifold up or down and that would change the downpipe. There is a flange for the compressor outlet as well. I dont have an elbow as it was going to run to a Spearco, the piping would have been made as needed. As far as running it on a T3 manifold I have a spacer for the wastegate that would go T3-T4 if you want to adapt it and run the external gate.

Back