Anyone use a DrP Nitro Series box?

joelc79

just looking for insight on the Nitro Series DrP box. It is adjustable i believe, i think they have a standard and a race. Anyone?

Well i guess this is not a favorite....thanks anyways
dead thread

Yes we have 2 different versions, the daily driving and fuel economy version, then we have the race version. We sell both kinds every single day. I assume you would be more interested in the race box. All of the fastest CR trucks use it, the Drever truck from NADP, Kevin Morken (Morkable) on here, Josh Gruis from Jags Pro Truck in Minnesota, they are all 10 second or better trucks and the Drever truck has been in the 9.80's. It is an absolute must have for serious horsepower applications and you can ask anyone that uses it. I had a call last week from a guy in San Angelo, Texas that has a sled puller, he won a free module from us about 2 months ago and he received the race version. He only called into the office to explain that was previously using a competitor's box and took it off to try ours and was completely blown away with the results. He said he wished he would have just spent his money here in the first place. Let me know if you have anymore questions and I'll be glad to help.

I've got one but haven't used it yet...Supposed to be the race tune...Whats the lastest # on that just so I can check it and make sure its the race tune?

Also, I was sent the little "on the fly" dial later.....Does it work well on the Race tune?? Is it truly like the mp8 dial? 0-100% ?

Thanks

I've got one but haven't used it yet...Supposed to be the race tune...Whats the lastest # on that just so I can check it and make sure its the race tune?

Also, I was sent the little "on the fly" dial later.....Does it work well on the Race tune?? Is it truly like the mp8 dial? 0-100% ?

Thanks

The part # is 382018 and yes it's 100% adjustable. If you don't mind, please post up your results and what you think of it when you do get to use it.

The part # is 382018 and yes it's 100% adjustable. If you don't mind, please post up your results and what you think of it when you do get to use it.

Thank you...I believe that's the one I have....Will check Fri.

I sure will....Gotta get the new build broken in first...But I will eventually test it and see...Heard good things.

Yes we have 2 different versions, the daily driving and fuel economy version, then we have the race version. We sell both kinds every single day. I assume you would be more interested in the race box. All of the fastest CR trucks use it, the Drever truck from NADP, Kevin Morken (Morkable) on here, Josh Gruis from Jags Pro Truck in Minnesota, they are all 10 second or better trucks and the Drever truck has been in the 9.80's. It is an absolute must have for serious horsepower applications and you can ask anyone that uses it. I had a call last week from a guy in San Angelo, Texas that has a sled puller, he won a free module from us about 2 months ago and he received the race version. He only called into the office to explain that was previously using a competitor's box and took it off to try ours and was completely blown away with the results. He said he wished he would have just spent his money here in the first place. Let me know if you have anymore questions and I'll be glad to help.

alex is refering to me. Guys i got the Dr. Performance race box in the few weeks in after doing my cam swap. WOW is all i can say. i installed it with the knob and then took it for a spin. Well with it on 50% it completely blew away the mp8 at 100%. I was shockd how much of a difference it made just changeing from the mp8 to the dr. performance. i realy like how it ramps up the psi alot sooner and more aggressive than the mp8 ever thought about. And before somebody says iam just bashing on mp8 iam not. i realy like the box but everytime id get on a dyno i could only manage about 15hp with it set anywere from 25%-100%. Ill be back on dyno before long and have some new numbers. I will also be trying some other things with the box as well. Guys again i cant tell you how happy iam with the Dr. Performance box and it makes it that much better to be able to shake alex's hand in person at one of our last pulls i made. It means alot.

how fast does one want to ramp up r/p.is there a such thing as to fast.is it harder on injectors then the mp-8.what does it do that makes it better, other then ramp up....thanks

I use the race box also, and it does make a huge difference. Iv got mine on a switch and only use it for sled pulling. If I wasnt feeling so lazy I would post some videos with and with out the box on. I can tell you that with the box on my truck smokes alot less, but has more power.

how fast does one want to ramp up r/p.is there a such thing as to fast.is it harder on injectors then the mp-8.what does it do that makes it better, other then ramp up....thanks

I can say that I turn mine on after the turbo is spooled because it seems to fuel really hard.

Was thinking the same thing.

To me it seemed like by the time the mp8 ramped up the pressure it was to late. To me it seems like the dr performance race box ramps it like smarty tnt with RP set to 4 but does it a lot smoother and has even more top end. I need to get a few day time street runs with it on and off. My truck pulls crazy hard without it but with it on its almost scary how it wakes the truck up. I have done pulls with both boxes with Cody the owner of WTDP, Chance, and jarrod. All three have mp8s and were blowin away by the difference. Iam getting pretty good swapping boxes lol.

Also Wolf iam fixn to put mine on a hobbs switch. So once I turn it on it'll come on when I get it to 15psi.

I may be setting up some dyno test time at a outside shop so nobody can throw the flag on the numbers. Ill keep you all along with alex up to date onto when it will be

I have the race box. The power is pretty nice; noticeably better than the Smarty pressure. Never ran the MP8 or any other pressure box to compare. Like the adjustability and the fact that I dont have to run added pressure all the time. Only problem is my truck doesnt like it; it surges and bucks like a SOB and makes a popping noise out of the stacks. Not sure what thats all about...might give the DrP guys a call

I have the race box. The power is pretty nice; noticeably better than the Smarty pressure. Never ran the MP8 or any other pressure box to compare. Like the adjustability and the fact that I dont have to run added pressure all the time. Only problem is my truck doesnt like it; it surges and bucks like a SOB and makes a popping noise out of the stacks. Not sure what thats all about...might give the DrP guys a call

Do you have a good lift pump and / or a cp3 upgrade??

Do you have a RP gauge?

If not, you may be draining the rail.

iam with swole. bet your draining the rail smarty TNT is realy meant for a truck with atleast a good lift pump and other mods so when you stack it with a aggresive box like the dr. performance i bet your draining the rail. also check the smarty and make sure the RP setting is set to 1 or stock. and if you have the tq turnd up you might try turning it down to 2-3. 4 kills RP

this is the module i am talkin about guys
382018130-230.png

Not this one
5018.png

The picture on the top says it is a 130hp/230tq race
The picture of the one below use to be called a stgIV boost/fuel, now they just call it a boost fooler.

Alex; i contacted Kevin and i believe he has the old stgIV. I just wanted to clearify which module we are all talkin about.

Back