Attention NADM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah and after making a full pass for an 1/8 mile slip I made one more and said hell with it and ran on the dyno.

Folk, please delete this. Nothing good will come of this.

Maddog seems to know everything about this. He PM'd me.

Let the CompetitionDiesel.COM racers in on it.

Last edited:
Update.

Maddog now says he has no real opinion on this????

I do not publish private messages.

He needs to clarify why I'm so evil for saying eighth sucks.

He claims to know what's up, but doesn't want the readers to know.

No more PM's Maddog. Stand behind your claims.

He did acknowledge this does not affect him though. His stand is not as a racer, it's otherwise.

Last edited:
why put it in pms...pat pm'ed me and I responded back, but nothing particularly per tenant to the thread.

old dodge truck

im new on this website, but was at the drags. what about that old dodge pickup the almost broke into the 10's in the quater mile. whos that guy, i talked to him for a sec. he said his truck had over 240,000 miles and is still running the stock head gasket. did anyone see what his 1/8 mile time was. just what to see how he compared with all your 1/8 mile times. he was telling me he drives that truck daily with no problems.

I was not there, my point was that you came across rather rudely, and I will leave it at that. This thread is actually starting to go somewhere.

im new on this website, but was at the drags. what about that old dodge pickup the almost broke into the 10's in the quater mile. whos that guy, i talked to him for a sec. he said his truck had over 240,000 miles and is still running the stock head gasket. did anyone see what his 1/8 mile time was. just what to see how he compared with all your 1/8 mile times. he was telling me he drives that truck daily with no problems.

Yeah I wanna know who the heck that was too..I heard he ran 11.0. Didn't get to see him or talk to him though. Funny how there are always trucks out there nobody knows about but are runnin pretty good numbers....1/8th mile or quarter mile :poke:

You my friend are a constant complainer.

This thread was just a light-hearted (comedy) thread until you decided it should not be.

Since the moderators agree with that, let's make it public discussion about rules and enforcement.

You and I both know that it is an advantage to know if you're running eighth before you pull into lanes.

My truck was running bad, but that does not alter the facts here.

I went up in gears, and put on my tallest tires for 1/4mi.

We could not have undone the gears, but I did have both short and tall tires, and I put on the tall tires. So I made the truck slower in the 1/8th to run faster in the quarter. Why was I informed 1/8th IN LANES?

But my point here is Rule Theory:

In the last 3 years the following has been published on the internet and confirmed:

Sponsor wants a big charger truck to run Work Stock. Rule change.
Favorite drag truck is too light. Wave weight.
Street Sled trucks not to be towed. Waved for certain trucks.
Ditto for drag.
Wrong truck wins division. Rule change to allow it into finals.
etc, etc,

There are several guys including you that are pissed I posted what happened.
The best argument you can come up in in favor of your position is "You Are A Cry Baby".

Except when the rule tampering affects you or your friends, then it's a legit complaint, right?

Why is the concept of a level playing field so upsetting? I don't care if you tailor the rules to your favorite trucks AS LONG AS IT'S PUBLISHED BEFOREHAND.

Nobody expects you to be fair. All anyone really expects is to be informed.

But even that is too much to ask according to you.

You may want to check your calendar Pat....NADM has not been around for 3 years.

Guys,

I just got home a couple of hours ago, but wanted to respond on here to this one.

1st, I apologize for not telling you guys sooner. I should have and didn't.

2nd, This topic was put to vote a month or so ago by the Unlimited Street drivers and they either voted 1/8th or it didn't matter to them. This subject was brought to me by the class racers, not one I started. I set it up the way I was asked to.

Out east there are currently 4x4's that are running 9's in the 1/4. NHRA is not happy about that (as you may know, NHRA doesn't allow 9's in a 4x4). I also knew Famoso was not allowing rules to be "stretched" as they told me Friday when we were discussing tech. NADM's ASO is not complete, therefore I was at the mercy of the track for what was legal and what was not.

I appreciate everyone's comments, you have been heard. :thankyou2:

Yeah I wanna know who the heck that was too..I heard he ran 11.0. Didn't get to see him or talk to him though. Funny how there are always trucks out there nobody knows about but are runnin pretty good numbers....1/8th mile or quarter mile :poke:

That was my truck, 11.06 @ 128.68 mph and 7.24 @ 102.07 mph 1/8. 94 Dodge 2X4 original engine 246,000 miles heads never been off running stock head bolts.
I was in the US class at first but was advised by one of the NADM reps of the field I was in and asked what my 1/4 times where, and that there where 10 second trucks and it might be better to move to bracket or QD, it was my decision, so I opted for bracket. I don't know if the rep at the time even knew that it was 1/8 mile times or not. Next thing you know a pair of trucks make full 1/4 mile runs and then people standing around go whats up with there times? I said that is 1/8 mile time. I thought maybe its due to weather and safety and then thats when the NADM rep came down and explained US was going to be 1/8 mile and at the time, I was thinking, I am glad I changed to BR because all we have in my area (San Diego) is 1/8. Now I kinda wish I had stayed in US, but I came to see what my truck would do in the 1/4.

Maddog seems to know everything about this. He PM'd me.

Let the CompetitionDiesel.COM racers in on it.

Lets get something straight here Pat. You sent me three PM's before I responded back. I have no hidden agendas, and no special inside info with NADM. As I told you in a PM, and with my first post here I am simply stating that "IMHO" you seem to always find something to complain about at every race you attend. :blahblah1:

I talked to the NADM guys last week about building a truck for this class.

When the NADM folks told me about running the 1/8th, I expressed my displeasure as well.

1/8 mile racing is a joke.

Any racer that votes to reduce drag racing to 1/8th mile is worried that his stuff won't hold up for a full 1/4 mile run. If that's the case it's time for him to move to a different class. He's in over his head.

I'd like to know the head count on votes for the 1/8. I talked to some folks at the track that were planning on running Ultimate Street later this year and none were happy about the 1/8 rule.

Does NHRA specifically ban 4 wheel drives from going this fast? If so, why? and what safety measures do we have to put in place to satisfy the NHRA tech people?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back